VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP?

After i added subtitles myself to an AVI file using subtitle workshop i checked and the timing of subtitles appear to be ok.
    I then proceeded with filtering the subtitles and compressed my AVI file with my subtitles and saved it (steamed or dubbed).

When i get the compressed video file after a couple of hours i found out that the timing of the subtitles changed.
    And the last subtitles of the movie show 27 seconds later than they should appear.

Can you please help me? What do you recommend?

Posted by Teamo1976
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you play the avi and the separate subtitle file with for example vlc or mpc. Is it synced?

How do you add the subs to the avi? what tools?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick wrote> If you play the avi and the separate subtitle file with for example vlc or mpc. Is it synced?
    How do you add the subs to the avi? what tools?

If i play it with vlc (after compression of course) it is not synched. But it looks very synched in subtitle workshop.
    I use virtual dub to add subs. But i am adding them by myself for a special video (AVI file) with subtitle workshop.
    Then i open VDub file and open the AVI, go to video filter, add sub's ass file and then compress it under the video menu.
    I compress it with DIVx 6.8.5 codec 1logical cpu. When the DivX properties window shows up, i put 1358.207 as bitrate, and
    10 as quality(ot sure if thats ok as bitrate for a 65 minutes movie).

After i save file as AVI though, the subtitles get out of synch. What do you recommend? Please help

Ps> Vitalspec suggested i compress the AVI before adding subs (i tried now but it didnt work)

By teamo1976
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    PS> I FILTER MY SUBS AS A WHOLE NOT SEPARATE. THEN COMPRESS WITH VDUB THE AVI FILE AS A WHOLE.
    Quote Quote