VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Newbie here trying to time-bind my learning skills using Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13.

I have 2 videos of same subject (Face shot and side shot) I want to start with Face then transition to Side shot 4 times over 2 minute video.

I have seen posts that deal with this in Sony Vegas and need to know if my present system will allow me to do that.

References to other posts or online articles welcome as well as any further questions about this project and my inquiry.

Thanks in advance for taking a look at this and any help you can provide.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  2. If your're looking for multicam or some sort of automation, the Movie studio version of Vegas can't do that. But if you're looking to cut from shot to shot -- that's what it was designed for.

Movie Studio comes with tutorials on basic editing, and there are many online.
    Last edited by smrpix; 13th Aug 2014 at 10:07.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As stated I have seen posts on using Vegas to do this but I'm looking for tutorials using my system to do this. Basic editing help files in SMS don't cover it (at least with the search terms I have used)

But thanks for replying...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Lay out the two tracks, then use "Composite Level Envelope" on the top track to cut back and forth between tracks. "CLE" is activated via right-click on the track.

DoubleClick on the envelope to create "Points", similar to keyframe animation. It's extremely easy.

"CLE" varies the opacity on a scale of 0 to 100. Opacities less than 100% allow the track below to mix with the track above.
    Last edited by budwzr; 13th Aug 2014 at 10:55.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by budwzr View Post
    Lay out the two tracks, then use "Composite Level Envelope" on the top track to cut back and forth between tracks. "CLE" is activated via right-click on the track.

DoubleClick on the envelope to create "Points", similar to keyframe animation. It's extremely easy.

"CLE" varies the opacity on a scale of 0 to 100. Opacities less than 100% allow the track below to mix with the track above.
    Thanks as this got me quickly into what I was looking for and now I can be one with Demille.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Right. The concept is universal, but the technicalities are expressed in different vernaculars.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!