VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all I am new to DVD-R and need much help. I bought a bunch of DVD-Rs anticipating downloading but haven't been able to find any way to burn anything onto them for home use in my Insignia home player. The type of DVDs I have are Fujifilm (-R,+R), Maxell (-R), Memorex (-R), and TDK (DVD+R, RW, -R). The comp I'm using is a DELL Optiplex with Windows Vista Basic and a multi recorder. I've had things suggested such as real player and http://www.dvd-creator-converter.com/dvd-creator/. But they don't work. Also when I put the discs into the drive it says "no drive in disc or media not ready". I am trying to download anime from website to burn onto the discs for home use. Any help is a appreciated (such as sites to download from, etc). Thanx. Plaese also be VERY specific or give clear instructions. As if talking to a child. I am that new at this.
    Last edited by Meroko26; 6th Dec 2011 at 11:56.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Also does anyone know how to break any video I download into chapters, Like real anime. (Intro song, part 1, etc). And also how to maximize storage on disc. I have received discs with up to 13 eps on it from Ebay on DVD-R discs. So I can have more than one episode or movie on disc. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Helping with download sites most likely is a violation of our terms of agreement.

The blank DVDs you have bought are all low quality. You need to download the free program ImgBurn and ONLY use it and no other program for burning. And burn those crappy discs at lower speeds such as 4x or lower for the best chance of success. The only good media available in the USA any more is either Verbatim (NOT the "Life" series of crap discs that physical stores like Best Buy sell) and Taiyo Yuden. You'll need to order online from sellers like Supermediastore.com or Rima.com to get the good discs.

Finally, whoever told you to use Real Player is someone you should NEVER listen to again for advice.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Meroko26 View Post
    The type of DVDs I have are Fujifilm (-R,+R), Maxell (-R), Memorex (-R), and TDK (DVD+R, RW, -R).
    Well, you can always take up skeet shooting.

I am trying to download anime from website to burn onto the discs for home use. Any help is a appreciated (such as sites to download from, etc).
    You're not very familiar with this forum, are you?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I am trying to download anime from website
    The only thing more stupid than anime is coming here to ask for help to illegally download anime.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    I am trying to download anime from website
    The only thing more stupid than anime is coming here to ask for help to illegally download anime.
    Now I understand why Real Player was suggested allthough I remain absolutely mystified as to why anime fans continue to use it when there have been better choices available for something like a decade now.
    Quote Quote