VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got a video in resolution 720x540 but when i ripped it by autogk the result file is in 720x400 (i want it to be ripped in 640x480). i don't know how to set autogk follow my request. it seemed like i have to choose the resolution in advance option but i don't know how to set it as i want (the program just allows me to set width!, what about the height?) and i don't understand the difference between the options. could anybody help me, please?

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Click on Fixed Width, then set the width to 640. AutoGK will work out the appropriate height in order to maintain the correct aspect ratio.

If you want to override these settings completely (i.e. you don't care if the aspect ratio is wrong, or you need to deliberately distort the image, or the source has an incorrect aspect ratio set) use the hidden settings (ctrl+F9)

720 x 540 at 1:1 is close to 1.778 : 1, so the correct height for a 640 width is 360, give or take a few lines.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. 720 x 540 at 1:1 is close to 1.778 : 1
    It's 1.33:1, which makes the original AutoGK output (720x400) kind of strange if what tuanvn.2007 is saying is correct (and I have my doubts). However, we don't know what kind of video it is, and maybe it's some sort of 1:1 MPG, and AutoGK is assuming something else.

My suggestion is to go into the Advanced Settings and set a Fixed Width of 640. Then go into the Hidden Options (CTRL-F9) and check the "Override Input AR" box and then tick "Original".

Also, AutoGK won't give anything with a width or height of 360 since it works only in Mod16.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You are right, of course. Not sure what I was calculating from. Setting a fixed width of 640 should fix the problem unless the source is incorrectly flagged.

Edit : I remember where the 1.778 came from - if the source file was flagged as 16:9 (1.778 : 1) then AutoGK would calculate the output as 720 x 400.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yeah, I considered that as well, but then why on Earth would he want a 640x480 AVI out of it? There's a lot here that doesn't make much sense. A sample of the source and more information from tuanvn.2007 might help to clear it up.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ....Or the the resolution he said contains black bars which AutoGK crops off....
    Quote Quote  
  7. yep auto cropping, def
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote