VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

Bollywood again !

I've just bought a few DVDs at induna's, with a 4-days delivery from India to France, that's unbelievably fast ! And DVDs have all very good quality.

As you know perhaps, I prefer to translate subtitles from english to french, so I follow the excellent tutorial https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/214768-How-to-add-permanent-subtitle-to-a-video-wit...-virtualdubmod

But, to use Subtitle Workshop, I need to compress the DVD into a Divx or Xvid file. And there is the problem with my new DVDS, they have a new protection.

As you can see on this image, one of the VOB file is 25hours long...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Aamaar bhuvan 25h.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	212.8 KB
ID:	22351

It's all right to demux, but using Freemake Video Converter to compress the DVD doesn't work.
    Neither does this : using Vobmerge and VirtualDubMod

So I remux the files as if I am blind ! It's not really important, I can fix the errors afterwards, but I have to remux a second time.

Do you please know how to do with this new protection ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    How did you rip the dvd to your hdd? Or are you using anydvd or something? Or no ripping/decrypting at all?

You could try use fixvts on the dvd folder(after you ripped it to your hdd) and see if it makes it any better.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Baldrick !

Thanks for your post.

I ripped it with PGCdemux the first time, then when I saw this aberration, I tried with DVDFab HD Decrypter 4, with the same result.

Alas, fixvts didn't work.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Have you tried making a D2V file using DGIndex and then opening an AviSynth script in your encoder? DGindex should ignore any structure protection.

What Indian media company is doing this?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Try convert DVD with Handbrake or VidCoder(file->open DVD folder) to mkv
    I also have DVD with Vob long length, but it doesn't mean its 26 hours long, Windows simple is displayed wrong time:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard-1.png
Views:	205
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	22360
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Have you tried making a D2V file using DGIndex and then opening an AviSynth script in your encoder? DGindex should ignore any structure protection. What Indian media company is doing this?
    Seems a good idea manono. But then I found another one : with PGCdemux, I create m2v and ac3 files, then I remux them with ifoedit, and the vob files are now OK !

The compagnies are : Shemaroo, MoserBaer and Ultra. I think it's not really these compagnies that create such protections ; I believe it's a new defense from induna.

Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    Try convert DVD with Handbrake or VidCoder(file->open DVD folder) to mkv
    I also have DVD with Vob long length, but it doesn't mean its 26 hours long, Windows simple is displayed wrong time:
    It worked with Handbrake, thank you roma_turok. But now I have 4 different mkv files, how can I append them to make just one file in the same operation ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Patapin View Post
    The compagnies are : Shemaroo, MoserBaer and Ultra. I think it's not really these compagnies that create such protections ; I believe it's a new defense from induna.
    Nah, it can't be the retailer as they buy the finished DVDs from the DVD companies. Maybe it's some sort of home-grown protection.

Maybe next time try an actual decrypter, rather than using PGCDemux which doesn't decrypt at all. But it's nice to know it's such an easily defeated form of protection.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Patapin View Post
    It worked with Handbrake, thank you roma_turok. But now I have 4 different mkv files, how can I append them to make just one file in the same operation ?
    In Handbrake click on button Source -> open folder and navigate to VIDEO_TS folder and click Select folder
    after that select title in Title selection under Source button
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes !The first time I tried, it was after ripping with PGCdemux, there were the ifo files missing in the folder.

Now i've tried with success directly from the DVD.

very good ! Thank you very much
    Quote Quote  
  10. That mean that you can simple copy paste VIDEO_TS folder to hard drive and convert to mkv?
    and the DVD don't have any protection?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, I put the DVD in the drive, launched handbrake, opened the folder, and convert the DVD into one mvk file on my HD.

Is this answer OK for you ? I've not tried to copy/paste the DVD from the drive to my HD.
    Quote Quote