VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My advc 100 has an input of analogue and a dv output but the two lights on the front continue to stay alight. The switch between the analogue and digital inputs fails to have any effect. I have tried playing with the dip switches to no avail. No digital output whatever I do! Any one know how I can get this working or do I have to throw it away?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You really have to tell us the details of your setup and the software you are using.
    Otherwise, the replies play the hit or miss game.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Can you select color bars, or is the switch completely broken? For testing purposes, will it allow composite or s-video output?
    Last edited by smrpix; 22nd Jul 2014 at 07:46.
    Quote Quote  
  4. No no colour bars ! The input is s- VHS from a Hi8 camcorder and audio phonos. The dv out but has been plugged into a desktop running widows moviemaker which has already worked with dv inputs., I have also tried the dv input of a laptop running the same program. So the Canopus seems to be at fault!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    BTW What make of camera do you have ?

Are you sure you have a bespoke s-video output on it ? And not attempting a composite >> s-video with an adapter cable

Also. Can you test the ADVC with a composite cable from, say, a VCR or even a dvd-player ?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Unfortunately, it sounds like the switch is broken. Unless there's something obvious you can fix yourself, it will probably cost as much to fix as replace this discontinued model.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!