VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I posted help on this in the noob convesrion,about 2 months ago and i did not recieve much help on the topic. A member did suggest using the patcher trick and i have used a few Applications since then to carry this out but to no avail. The problem is the dvd-svcd does not work with all my dvd players but i do understand that it was not going to create standard compliant dvds. Now getting to the point .A few people have Recommned using a program called CCE to convert/encode a svcd to dvdr. Only thing is i have not a Single clue what to do next -Example there are a few versions and im not sure which one offers better funcionality? ,will the extra functionality be needed in the conversion? do i need any other programs to work with CCE ,Does the format need to be in mpeg2 format before any conversion encoding is attemted ?etc etc. This have been doing my haed in so much that banging my head on the keyboard-day in day out .I have been at this for about 5 months trying to get the svcd to dvd convertion correctly in the least time spent. Just hoping that there is CCE pro that will help me out .Many many many thanks to anyone who can help me out.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've been meaning to put together an actual guide for this, as a decent one seems to be lacking. I did a post on this not too long ago. Make sure you read the entire post. Just post a question here if you don't understand any part of it.

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158197
    Impossible to see the future is. The Dark Side clouds everything...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Why thanks you for coming and helping me I was just reading that post and you seem to have alot of experince in this particular subject.

The first question i have, is-the movie is a three mpeg-2's and i have added them using DVD2AVI in order. Checking the files they seem to be interlaced ,now in the video setting do i just leave the FIELD OPERATION to SWAP FIELD ORDER ? There was other settings i was not sure about neither here goes for them.

FILE| VIDEO | IDCT FILED ALGORYTHM | is checked to 32-bit SSE MMX

COLOR SPACE | is checked to YUV 4:2:2

YUV>RGB | is checked to PC SCALE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUDIO | CHANNEL FORMAT is checked to Auto Select

DOLBY DIGITAL is Checked to DEMUX.

MPEG AUDIO is checked to DEMUX .

48khz>44.1Khz is checked to the off postion.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PROCESS PRIORITY is Checked to HIGH

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HELP | Simd Technlogy are both checked MMX abd SSE MMX

HELP | Direct over over lay is checked

Are all these correct ? Thanks you very much for youre patience
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have you not tried to use SVCD2DVDMPG? There is a forum for this program. I bought the "+" version and have great success with converting my SVCD Mpegs to compliant DVD spec and then burning them to DVD-R. I'm now going to start to reauthor the discs the way I want instead leaving it to the program. Best $12 I've spent in a long time...
    Quote Quote  
  5. I have used application that is similar and i had few dvd-r that did not work in all of the dvd players i use. thats why i would prefer to take this particular route, but thanks all the same .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You won't need the Swap Field Order. Make sure that option is OFF (you should never need it as a rule). If your video is true interlaced then leave the FORCE FILM option off. If you want to verify manually, just drop your MPEG onto VirtualDub MPEG and step through a few frames manually using the double arrow button at the bottom. Follow this link if you are not sure how to identify interlaced video ( www.lukesvideo.com ). Check the interlace, and telecine sections for more info.

You also need to set your COLORSPACE setting to TV, not PC Scale. Set your MPEG AUDIO to DECODE, so DVD2AVI can generate a WAV file.

oldfart13, most SVCD's have a 2 second overlay, which SVCD2DVDMPG doesn't handle either, but it's a good tool for beginners/newbies, or for those that don't want to deal with the details.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thanks very much. I Did run into a few probems with the DVD2AVI step as the out put file ,when checked was a little jerky and it seemed like the bottom quarter of the screen movie was missing .In order to rid me of the problem i restarted the whole project from the begining . This time around i used the FORCE FILM selection and the out put file was fine-even though the file was interalaced. I still got the Missing portion (Viewed through vitual dub)using but after previewing it with DVD2AVI instead the whole movie, top to bottom was there in full,this gave me cause for concern . Anyhow i am now encoding the movie through CCE, just to see if i get the whole Movie.
    Just a matter of interst if say a mpeg file was captured in pal and converted into NTSC ,will the out put file still hold some of the old PAL properties? the reason i ask this is because this file was originally captured in PAL.

Thanks again for youre help *Bows down to you *
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If your input file is true interlaced, then you should leave force film OFF. This will ensure that none of the fields in your input video are dropped. It may appear to be all there, but chances are, the framerate is wrong. I would suggest you drop your .AVS script into VirtualDub, and look at the FILE | FILE INFORMATION to see what framerate is reported.

I still got the Missing portion (Viewed through vitual dub)using but after previewing it with DVD2AVI instead the whole movie, top to bottom was there in full,this gave me cause for concern . Anyhow i am now encoding the movie through CCE, just to see if i get the whole Movie.
    Make sure that your clip & resize option under the DVD2AVI video menu is NOT enabled. I'm guessing your using AVISynth? Just load your D2V file in your script, and then preview that in VirtualDub.
    (i.e Mpeg2Source("blahblah.d2v") and drop that script onto VDub)
    Look to see if any clipping is evident. You can also verify the framerate of your project file.
    Quote Quote  
  9. When i re-did the DVD2AVI step this time around the .D2V was fine maybe a missed setting. Now that i have that step out of the way i did put the script and the .D2V file though CCE and i retrived a pretty large file about 5.9 gig is this normal ? Oh and i am using Avisynth 208 and CCE verion 2.66.1.104

This is is what i have done so far so you know what step's i have taken.
    I have three mpegs sets added all three, put them through DVD2AVI and got to files a MPA file and .D2V. Following this i made a script (movies .avs)
    Checked that this scipts worked by putting it through Virtual Dub , at first i recieve a few errors with the script but i manged to eradicate the Problem. I then proceeded loaded the script though CCE and at the end of the encoding i got a rather large file. Is this the correct way to proceed? In the other post you had a script for joining a three sets of files together , at what stage do i need to this ? Sorry iam confused a liitle and i hope im not bugging you too much
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your file was too large, due to either the AVERAGE setting in CCE, or the CBR value (you didn't say what type of MPEG encoding you used...CBR, VBR, or CQ VBR). To properly calculate the size, you must add the total running time for all three MPEG's into a bitrate calculator (use the one from this site), and calculate the AVERAGE or CBR value you should use. The script you use must be customized for your project. There is no pre-made script that will do all of the trimming necessary. If you want a complete conversion, with no overlap, then follow all of the instructions in the post: https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=158197

Just post if you get lost. It's not an easy subject.
    Quote Quote  
  11. hi there i am trying to convert and svcd mpeg from 480x480 to pal 720x520 48khz

im using main concept in order to do this i run into problems, the porblem is when i convert about 2 thirds into the conversion it freezes thinking it might have been a bad rip i re ripped it but i had the same results i even did a check for bad frames but there was no luck there i didnt find ne bad frames.

so i cut one of the mpegs to a small file size about 50 megs and at around the same protion of the conversion the freeze happened again so my problem was finding a suitable converter which i havnt been able to do so far so i though about trying to find and authoring package that will do this for me

i tried u lead dvd moviefactory it encodes fine but th file size is o large to burn on to one disc it doesnt change the video bitrate which main concept allows me to do
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    cava99, your posting this question in every SVCD to DVD-R thread. Create your own topic instead. Hijacking someone's discussion thread is rude.
    Quote Quote  
  13. One of the best guides to date...

But I do have a question about the audio.

I noticed in the .avs script we have a line to resample the audio, but there isn't a line to link the audiofile that needs to be resampled?

Can the audio be resampled right in CCE into a Program stream, aka .mpg?

This would save me a bunch of steps since i can't convert 44k .mp2 directly to 48k .mp2 with BeSweet for some reason, the audio is not synced. Currently I'm extracting a .wav file, using a program called R8Brain to convert it to 48K, then BeSweet to get a synced 48k .mp2.

If CCE can do this step for me, then I would be so appreciative.

Thanks for the great insight DJRumpy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The audio is imported into AVISynth as part of the AVI when your audio in the AVI is MP2, MP3, or WAV. This means you don't have to implicitly load it into AVISynth. It can also be imported as a seperate WAV file, using the WAVSource command like so:

Video=AVISource("c:\blah\movie.avi",false)
    # The false parameter in the AVISource command tells avisynth to
    # ignore any audio embedded in the input avi.
    Audio=WAVSource("c:\blah\audio.wav")
    AudioDub(video,audio) .
    # the audiodub command muxes them together into one stream

At this point, you have an input stream that includes both audio and video, which you can then use the ResampleAudio command on, to change the sample rate like so:

Video=AVISource("c:\blah\movie.avi",false)
    Audio=WAVSource("c:\blah\audio.wav")
    AudioDub(video,audio)
    ResampleAudio(48000)

This would give you a video stream (with audio), at the 48Khz frequency used for DVD encodes.

CCE can also do a high quality resample of your audio if you like, rather than letting AVISynth do it. Under the Audio options, just select the frequency you need your output audio to be (44100, or 48000).
    Quote Quote