VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I have a lot of MP3 sons which doesn't have any ID2/ID3 tags.
    However each song in name has its number and title in pattern similar like this:

Code:
    01 - Main Title
    I wonder if does exist any program which can export these information from file name to ID2 or ID3 tags?
    Manual work with Winamp would take me several days.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I know MP3Tag can do it; not sure about other programs.
    Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)

You can select all of the files at once and, assuming the filenames are all more or less similar, tell it to interpret the filenames in whatever pattern you choose (like "%track% - %title%") for your example, though those may not be the exact variables. (I'm not at a system with MP3Tag installed, so I can't check it, at the moment. )
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, I'll try this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ralf07 View Post
    Hello, I have a lot of MP3 sons which doesn't have any ID2/ID3 tags.
    However each song in name has its number and title in pattern similar like this:

Code:
    01 - Main Title
    I wonder if does exist any program which can export these information from file name to ID2 or ID3 tags?
    Manual work with Winamp would take me several days.
    But using the 'auto tag' feature of WinAmp might speed things up.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's fairly easy with MP3Tag. Haven't used Winamp's tagging capabilities much, so I can't comment on those. But in MP3Tag, all you have to do is:

1) Load the MP3s into MP3Tag, and select the tracks you want to rename (or Select All, if they all fit the exact same pattern).
    2) In the Convert menu, select "Filename - Tag" OR click the same button on the toolbar.
    3) In the Select Format String window, pick your format. The OP's example would look like this:

Code:
    %track% - %title%
    There will be a simple automatic preview at the bottom of the window, or you can click on the Preview button to see how all of the tracks you've selected will be changed, according to the format string. Click on the right-arrow to the right of the string box to see the other variables you can use.

4) Click OK to process. You'll probably want to click on the Save button (or select it from the menus) to make sure the changes stick.

I'm sure I've made it sound more complicated than it is, really. :/
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    WinAmp will 'listen' to a song and make a pretty good guess as to what and who it is. Takes about 10 seconds and I've found it real accurate, especially on newer stuff. You can send a whole playlist to the Auto Tag, but I usually do them one at a time so I can catch any errors.
    Quote Quote