VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone, I hope to find myself in the right place (I say this because I am new to Virtualdub).

I have a video with a fixed shot, it is a kind of table with a kind of track that moves in a circle some items.
    I would like to "cut out" and blur everything that is outside of the table (outside the red zone)

I enclose a picture of similar example to understand

Searching with google I found this explanation "VirtualDub" but unfortunately that filter blurs only rectangular shapes, while I have a more complex figure ...

Can you tell me / tell me how to do?

Thank you and see you soon!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    you could crop most of what is outside the table, that would probably be easier. or maybe re-shoot and this time frame the shot so only the table is on view.

otherwise, i'm sure some avisynth guru here has a script laying around someplace.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Something like this?

A=ImageSource("Table.bmp")
    B=A.AverageBlur(50)
    Mask=ImageSource("Table1.bmp")
    Overlay(A,B,0,0,Mask)
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mask.jpg
Views:	251
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	22892  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blur.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	22893  

Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Something like this?

A=ImageSource("Table.bmp")
    B=A.AverageBlur(50)
    Overlay(A,B,0,0,Mask)

Hi and thank you,
    Yes, I need something like you've show, but applied on my film and not on a single picture: how I get this?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by reggio View Post
    Yes, I need something like you've show, but applied on my film and not on a single picture: how I get this?
    The same way, just using the proper videosource rather than ImageSource. For example:

A=AVISource("video.avi")
    B=A.AverageBlur(50)
    Overlay(A,B,0,0,Mask)

The source filter you use might depend on the kind of video it is. Doing it like that the blur will last as long as the video. AverageBlur is part of the VariableBlur filter.
    Quote Quote  
  6. And it will only work if the area to be blurred isn't moving within the frame. If the camera is moving around it's a lot more work. You'll have to use an NLE and use motion tracking.
    Quote Quote