VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi.
    I had Dvbdream with TBS 8920 on Windows 7 32bit, all updated working like a charm till I decided to shift my OS to Windows 7 64bit. After changing to 64bit Auto scanning seems to skip 73% of initial frequencies fast with no signal ( seems it ignores them), then it "actually" scans the rest and finds some channels on last frequencies. Manual scan is the same. I checked frequencies to make sure they had no problem and be the same as I used in 32bit. With Progdvb I have no problem at all on the same situation. I used both latest and old registered and trial versions with no luck. I had to return to 32bit because of this problem.

There is video of what happens:

Link 1: http://speedy.sh/ytfmZ/123.flv
    Link 2: http://uploaded.net/file/3dkksuhe

Last edited by akhlaqi; 2nd Oct 2014 at 13:33.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I solved the problem on my own.
    The "LNB Type" setting was wrong.
    Based on my LNB Type it had to be set as Ku-linear(Universal)
    If you face such a problem, Go to : Dvbdream Option/Diseqc/Select "hotbird" (for example or else)/Click Properties/ LOF Setting/ Choose "LNB Type" based on your LNB Type.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Man, that's REALLY the first step you need to do when using a scansoftware.....
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
  4. Maybe it's the first step in 64bit. In 32bit version of windows, DVBDREAM does it automatically. All software such as Progdvb, Dvbviewer, Smartdvb, SichboPVR, Winclip, Mediaportal,... whether in 64 or 32bit, it's set by itself.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I don't live in a DVB country so I sure didn't know, but I wanted to thank you, ahklaqi, for posting your solution to the problem. I'm sure others will find it useful over time. Many newbies come here, ask a question, then figure it out and just post something like "Never mind. Figured it out myself." Thank you for at least telling what worked to fix the problem.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nope, that's only the case when the hardware & software is correctly set up.

Search for some satellite reception basics, then you'll know what's behind.

Originally Posted by akhlaqi View Post
    Maybe it's the first step in 64bit. In 32bit version of windows, DVBDREAM does it automatically. All software such as Progdvb, Dvbviewer, Smartdvb, SichboPVR, Winclip, Mediaportal,... whether in 64 or 32bit, it's set by itself.
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
  7. Maybe it's the first step in 64bit. In 32bit version of windows, DVBDREAM does it automatically. All software such as Progdvb, Dvbviewer, Smartdvb, SichboPVR, Winclip, Mediaportal,... whether in 64 or 32bit, it's set by itself.
    None of them set automatically you have to chose and confirm , maybe you meant it filled for you or selected the fields "correctly" and then you pressed yes
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!