VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, I've tried a Dazzle DVC 100, a Roxio USB capture device, and even an older dazzle (Didn't expect anything from that one).
    I've tried to use S-Video, and Composite when plugging in my wii to the capture device.
    Anyway, this is the error I get: Click image for larger version

Name:	637748ed8f6117dee7c9ca13a2f661fd.png
Views:	2416
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	18927
    I know it's not the capture devices because it happens the same to all of them. Also, I tried VDub and it would get a signal, but the quality was bad, and the recording dropped frames regardless of my settings. It's not because of my specs, I see that post coming, no.

These are my settings:Click image for larger version

Name:	4efd691880bb563fb35dc104963a3b7f.png
Views:	2545
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	18928 I noticed in my menu it wasn't giving me an option between Inputs on my video tab in the middle box like I have noticed on many other threads.

All I want to accomplish at the moment is getting past this message I've had all day. Nobody else seems to have this problem or has a different fix that doesn't work when I attempt to try it.
    I have a suspicion it has to do with codecs, but I could only find the codecs that come with the payment to amarec, and I'm going to use LAGS anyway so that's fairly irrelevant.

TL;DR frustrated because Amarec gets an annoying error, won't pick up my capture devices, and all the help is in Japanese(which I don't speak.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Shilaly,

Install K-lite Mega Codec Pack, restart your PC and try again.

For correct AmarecTV config using Roxio, try this: http://www.mediafire.com/download/d0u22pf6vpu4o3w/AmarecTV_RGC_Tutorial_-_Cauptain_2011.pdf

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Claudio,
    Thanks for your reply, I installed the x64 Codec pack, but the problem still persists. :/
    And I may have misled you on the Roxio device. I do not have the Roxio GameCap (I should have bought it instead), but I have this...
    http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/creator/device/

Should I have installed the 32 bit codec pack instead?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Shilaly View Post
    Claudio,
    Thanks for your reply, I installed the x64 Codec pack, but the problem still persists. :/
    And I may have misled you on the Roxio device. I do not have the Roxio GameCap (I should have bought it instead), but I have this...
    http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/creator/device/

Should I have installed the 32 bit codec pack instead?
    AmarecTV is 32bits software, its very necessary install X86 version of K-lite Mega!!!

No problem, AMTV will work for you. Only select your card.

Any doubt, reply.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any Specific settings I should enable during install? Or should I just let everything goto defaults?
    Sorry for the tedious questions
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Any Specific settings I should enable during install? Or should I just let everything goto defaults?
    Sorry for the tedious questions
    I install using option 7. Check all to FFDSHOW.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean by option 7 and check all to ffdshow.
    I clicked all of the extensions during the ffdshow installation but I couldn't find an option 7 in the Klite pack :\
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you mean by option 7 and check all to ffdshow.
    I clicked all of the extensions during the ffdshow installation but I couldn't find an option 7 in the Klite pack :\

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry for the late reply; I was trying to install the regular pack and not the Mega K-Lite codecs. I checked ffdshow for all of the options underneath the 7th option, but it's still not working. :/

I feel like the solution to this is something very basic I've looked over because this program supposedly works seamlessly for so many people.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I would like to say i also have this problem with both my elgato and Dazzle DVC100, i really would like to get this fixed
    I am getting the exact same error message
    Last edited by Devil6Lair; 3rd Feb 2014 at 13:38.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Devil6Lair View Post
    I would like to say i also have this problem with both my elgato and Dazzle DVC100, i really would like to get this fixed
    I am getting the exact same error message
    It would be helpful to say which Elgato capture device you have. There are several past and present Elgato capture devices, but only those with Windows drivers that use software to encode, like the Elgato Video Capture, will work with AmarecTV. The Elgato Game Capture HD will not work with AmarecTV. It has Windows drivers, but encodes using hardware, and only works with Elgato's own software.
    Quote Quote  
  12. oh yes sorry this is the one http://www.elgato.com/en/video
    i don't have that fancy HD one as i only want to record gamecube games on wii
    I do have a feeling it's amarec or my computer as it is both cards and they both work with Open broadcast software no problem
    If it helps i did self built my PC so maybe i am missing something small a brought PC would have? Using 64 bit Windows 7
    Last edited by Devil6Lair; 4th Feb 2014 at 02:14.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You have the Elgato Video Capture, which should be OK.

AmarecTV is 32-bit software, so you must have 32-bit device drivers for the capture devices as well as 32-bit codecs and Direct Show filters installed to use it on a PC running a 64-bit version of Windows.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 4th Feb 2014 at 08:33. Reason: clarity
    Quote Quote