VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm having a major problem with ulead DVD workshop. The program is getting confused by the time duration of mpeg's that are encoded in TMPEG using the 23.97 fps/4:3 pulldown. When I do a properties command on the clip from within the program it gives me the correct number of frames but thinks the framerate is a straight 29.97, thus I assume it multiplies the framerate by 29.97 and comes up with the duration of the clip. Unfortunately since the clip is actually 23.97 fps, the resulting time is always 12/15th of the actuall clip, meaning I can't put chapter points toward the end of the movie. Strange part is when I take the same clip into ulead's own video studio 5 and do a properties check, I get an incorrect frame number but whenh multiplied by 29.97 gets me the proper clip duration. Has anyone else had this problem. I'm looking for any ideas on how to get around this. Again this problem only seems to be specific to Ulead dvd workshop. The clip runs fine and with perfect time duration on all other programs and can be authored perfectly in DVDit pe. But I'm really much more comfortable using DVD workshop and would love to find a solution to this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Not really a solution............
    Could you re-encode the file to 29.97 fps?
    thats what all my files are and I don't get any problems.

Lee
    Quote Quote