VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok so I downloaded the 2 parts of the movie in AVI. then i downloaded the correspondent subs in spanish (both vids were already subtitled in english). so i put both vids and subs files in one same folder with equal names, eg vid name babela, correspondent sub name babela. however when i play the vid in WMP or PowerDVD or Nero Showtime or WinDVD the option to change subs is not available. hence the subs are not recognized (they're SRT). So what can i do?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Neither of those players have built in support for srt subs.
    Get directvobsub (for wmp playback) or use VLC or MPC (that have built in subtitle support)

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok i already had VLC media player and it works fine, but the english sub doesnt go away. when i click on subs to choose the one i want i find the spanish one, so i select it. but then it appears over the english one, which i cant remove. the english is yellow and the other one is spanish, and i cant read neither of them. how do i erase the english sub?

PS: thanks for replying!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The english subs are probably hard subs, as integral to the video itself as everything else you see.
    Get a version of the video without subs.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i cant, there's none available. besides im not gonna download again 1.37 GB just for a f***ing subtitle. thanks anyway, i'll se wut i can do.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Madgelina
    i cant, there's none available. besides im not gonna download again 1.37 GB just for a f***ing subtitle.
    Good point!
    Anyway, no need to be so jumpy.
    You can not do much with those hard coded English subtitle.
    But if you use GOM player, as I've already suggested, you would find that you could place your Spanish subtitle wherever you wish, using Alt+Up, you could place them on top of a video, so it would be readable and would not interfere with English subs.

Oh yes, and if you do not want to see those English subtitle, just use a strip of a Duck tape and cover the portion of a screen where it appears. 8)
    That way you would have Spanish subtitle only, and no need to "download again 1.37 GB just for a f***ing subtitle".
    Quote Quote