VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi. Does anyone know what format this particular subtitle is. It is set out as follows:

[{"id":13077087,"start_time":192665,"end_time":1938 87,"subtitle_language_code":"en","subtitle_id":279 92065,"subtitle_content":"Hi. What would you like to eat?"},{"id":13077101,"start_time":194862,"end_tim e":196301,"subtitle_language_code":"en","subtitle_ id":27982490,"subtitle_content":"Soup please."}]

If anyone knows, it would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Code:
    [
    	{ "id"				:	13077087,
    	  "start_time"			:	192665,
    	  "end_time"			:	193887,
    	  "subtitle_language_code"	:	"en",
    	  "subtitle_id"			:	27992065,
    	  "subtitle_content"		:	"Hi. What would you like to eat?"
    	},
    	{ "id"				:	13077101,
    	  "start_time"			:	194862,
    	  "end_time"			:	196301,
    	  "subtitle_language_code"	:	"en",
    	  "subtitle_ id"			:	27982490,
    	  "subtitle_content"		:	"Soup please."
    	}
    ]
    looks like some internal representation of text based subtitles without any formating information.
    Simply the text representation of some array containing subtitle entries. (converting it into something more useful should be easy)
    -> No clue if this is a documented representation.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hi. Is there a way of automatically phrasing the subtitle file in the way you did? Or did you have to do that manually?
    Quote Quote  
  4. You could use an editor to change "," to ",CRNL" (ASCII: 44,13,10) to get this:

Code:
    [{"id":13077087,
    "start_time":192665,
    "end_time":1938 87,
    "subtitle_language_code":"en",
    "subtitle_id":279 92065,
    "subtitle_content":"Hi. What would you like to eat?"},
    {"id":13077101,
    "start_time":194862,
    "end_tim e":196301,
    "subtitle_language_code":"en",
    "subtitle_ id":27982490,
    "subtitle_content":"Soup please."}]
    as a start (notice space in "end_time":1938 87,/"end_tim e":196301,)
    Quote Quote  
  5. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    One question and one remark:

a) where did you find that weird format?

b) I don't know what would be the right "translation" of those timestamps into human-friendly info
    (hours, minutes and seconds).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    b) I don't know what would be the right "translation" of those timestamps into human-friendly info (hours, minutes and seconds).
    Probably milliseconds. For example, 192665 = 192.665 seconds.

Regarding the format: It doesn't look familari to me but you cold try loading a short SRT file into Subtitle Workshop and using Save As to save in each of the ~50 different formats and see if any match.

Also, try opening the original subs in WordPad instead of Notepad. WordPad may retain the formatting better.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    This is an incomplete json format. You need the entire file to process this.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Endoro View Post
    This is an incomplete json format. You need the entire file to process this.
    Hi, yes, I believe this is correct. The place I extracted this from was a website that uses this file to subtitle videos that it has and I know that they use JSON files.

I am no expert on JSON files, so I have a few questions, what do you mean that I need the "entire" file?
    The file I was able to locate on the website, seemed to be complete, in that it was a full translation, I only copied a section into here to make it easier. Is this what you meant by "entire", or is there something else that is needed?

Secondly, as jagabo said, I might try opening this in WORDPAD to see if I can keep the formatting correct. That way there might be a way of converting it into a more useable format (e.g. SRT)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You need the first part to see, where is the start of the time code. Try to convert it using Subtitle Edit or BatchSubtitlesConverter.
    Quote Quote