VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Anyone know the reason why when using the lav codec filter with avisynth/avspmod for mkvs in some parts of the video you can see the picture breaking up like say i click an area on the timeline to go through the video in avspmod the picture breaks up and has all kind of colors?...and i click on some other part of the timeline the picture is normal?....when i had the haali midea splitter it never did that i could click any part of the timeline back and forth and i will see no discoloration or breaking up on parts of the video?...pls help.

....and using AvsPmod v2.2.0 with avisynth 2.6.0 Alpha 3
    Quote Quote  
  2. not sure why, might be the specific version you are using. As temporary workaround, uninstall lav splitter and decoder, reinstall haali + ffdshow

or use different source filter like ffms2; directshow isn't frame accurate, and when you seek, the frames might get mixed up
    Quote Quote  
  3. just use ffms2, lavfilter is not intended to be used as a frame server
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you all for a quick reply and I did what both of you said I got the ffm2 thing as a avisynth .dll and had to rename it with a underscore
    For it to work in avspmod but I have another question is it really suppose to load slow? I added a well try to had a movie that I wanted to size down it was I believe 1 hour and some minutes but all avspmod dose is stop working and I tried shoter clips like 20mins and 4mins video they load good well one faster than the other so for longer videos dose it take longer to load in avspmod with this filter?...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    I got the ffm2 thing as a avisynth .dll and had to rename it with a underscore
    For it to work in avspmod
    I don't understand why that should be necessary.
    What file did you rename to what, and what problems led you to do that?

dose it take longer to load in avspmod with this filter?...
    The first time you load a specific source file, it will read through the entire file to create an index, which is required for frame-accurate seeking - this takes some time. Subsequent loads of the same source will be quicker (if you don't delete the index file).
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes the problem well I got the ffms2.dll and moved it in the avisynth pluging section folder and went to to use the source filter at first I admit I didn't know which of the ff script to use so I tried them all the first I tried was ffmpegsource nothing happen all I got was error in avspmod so I tried ffindex also nothing after that ffvideosource also nothing but error saying that the script was invalid and was not apart of avisynth so I did some google and came to a form under the avisynth program that people were leaving their feedbacks on the program and saw a message saying some plugings would not read with avspmod and say the trick was to rewrite the .dll file with an under score I did this ff_ms2.dll and used the pluging ff_ms2_FFVideoSource and it worked! But at first avspmod was not responding gave it 1 to 3mins and the file I was testing work the 22min video was now showing in avspmod.

Sorry for not making this short I have a hard time giving a what happen situation so I just put everything.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    ffvideosource also nothing but error saying that the script was invalid and was not apart of avisynth so I did some google and came to a form under the avisynth program that people were leaving their feedbacks on the program and saw a message saying some plugings would not read with avspmod and say the trick was to rewrite the .dll file with an under score
    There is an AvsPmod problem with dll filenames containing a hyphen (eg mt-masktools), which can be avoided by changing the hypen to underscore, but it's just a warning and can be switched off.
    But you should not get a problem with ffms2.dll, so I don't know why your first attempt did not work - perhaps there was some other error in your script.
    Anyway, it seems you've got it working now - just remember that long videos will be slow to load the first time you open them with ffvideosource, so be patient if it seems that AvsPmod has hung up.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Oh ok I see I might give It another try but for now its ok and I will keep that in mind when I try to import longer videos thanks again for your help.
    Quote Quote