VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi;

I am new here, sorry if I post it in the wrong forum.
    I am trying to burn onto DVD from a 90 minutes AVI (xvid) file using UVS 11+.
    I have edited the file also using UVS 11+.
    But when I tried to burn onto DVD from within the program, it takes 16 (sixteen) hours and still about 80% done,
    That was before it tries to access my DVD RAM writer.
    So I think UVS has been converting the xvid AVI file into DVD format for that long.

Is it normal with my current hardware setup to take this long to convert avi to DVD(MPEG) ?
    I have tried both using XP or 7 both showing same time.

Any suggestions/advices will be highly appreciated.

Regards
    Chrayf
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    No, it's not normal. It could take 16 hours to convert back in 1999 for me...

Have you tried convert from some other source and see how it works?
    And if you don't need to edit then try other all-in-one dvd converters like avstodvd or convertxtodvd.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
    I tried converting the same AVI file to MPEG2 using Format Factory, and it took 44 minutes to convert.
    Then I used Ulead Video Studio to BURN to DVD using that MPEG file as input, this time it took 1 hour and 10 minutes.
    So it looks like UVS was having a hard time dealing with xVid to MPEG conversion that it spent almost 1 day to do the job. I wonder what's wrong with it. I like the ease of use of the program but maybe just use it with uncompressed avi and then use other program for conversion.
    Any idea why UVS is behaving like that?
    I just downloaded avstoDVD, will give it a try soon.

Thanks again.
    Chrayf
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For issues with Corel (Ulead) products I would suggest that you register and put your questions to their dedicated forum

http://www.ulead.com/tech/forums.htm

There are guys there that use these day in day out.

I think it works best with Mpeg2. I have used these to create xVID but not convert xVID to Mpeg2 (for DVD). It may not like the compressed nature of these.
    Quote Quote