VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've seen much software that can trim .mkv files, but it will only let me delete segments from the beginning of the end of the video. What if I want to delete something from the middle of the video? (I just want to delete intro theme that is between cold opening and actual episode). Also, if I want to do that on a large scale with tens of episodes (and all have the same exact intro theme), is there a way to automatically detect the intro and delete it for me instead of doing so manually in each file?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Solveigmm avi trimmer or avidemux. You set start and stop, delete, save a new mkv.

I don't know any automatically methods.
    Quote Quote  
  3. And I need the process to be 100% lossless, no re-encoding. Can this software do that?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep. In avidemux be sure to set the video and audio to copy. It's the default setting
    Quote Quote  
  5. Turns out I can't do that losslessly since the key frames are in such a position I can't cut that intro theme accurately. What settings should I choose in avidemux to force frame-accurate cutting with as little quality loss as possible on a .mkv file? (it contains a [h264 high L4.0, yuv420p, 1920x1080] video track and a [AAC 48000 Hz] stereo sound track). Or maybe some other software would be better for that?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You must reencode the entire video then. Try select x264/h264 under video.

Or use an editor with smart rendering that just reencodes around the cut. I think solveigmm video splitter supports that for mkv files.
    Quote Quote