VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I'm looking for a decent TV/FM tuner for my new computer. I've heard decent stuff about the WinTV PVR-350, but I have a couple questions...

Would the work with Adobe Premiere? I figure the capture feature will, but what about the output? Is there some special software you run to output, or would it be realtime under Premiere?

I'm just curious if this would be worth getting. Most of my video work would be done on my video compter(raw DV, maybe a DV-REX within a few months) but I'd like to have a computer with a clean cable connection on it, rather then having to use RCA...

Oh, another question I just thought of. Using any software, is it possible to send the cable signal in then right back out? Using any software... I'm just wondering if I could basically use my computer as a VCR and still use my TV...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The capture card you speak of does REALTIME MPEG-1/MPEG-2 capture. That is all it does. So when you capture you should have a MPEG file ready to author as a DVD or SVCD or VCD etc. (depending on your capture settings).

There is a website that is more-or-less dedicated to the Hauppauge WinTV PVR cards. You should check it out. They even have some sample clips you can download (tricky to find them but they are there).

Here is the website link:

http://www.shspvr.com/

As for the output ... you probably have to use the special included software but I'm not sure about that. However I have a Hollywood Plus MPEG decoder card and I do love it since the output quality is the same as that built-into a standard stand alone DVD player. Excellent quality output that doesn't have all of the "issues" that normal computer video card TV outputs have. Of course it is limited to MPEG-1/MPEG-2 as is the WinTV PVR-350 but that feature (the output) is a BIG plus if you will be recording a lot of stuff to watch later only to delete. Saves you burning to a disc (be it DVD or CD-R for SVCD/VCD). Great feature for "time shifting" as they say.

Good Luck!

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote