VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. I've recorded few programmes on my TV to my external HDD and they are in .TS file format and I checked the video format and it uses MPEG, is there a software which I can cut scenes and join video files together?

2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Videoredo or tmpgenc mpeg smart renderer.

You can also cut/join with free software like mpg2cut2, avidemux, free video dub, video to video converter but they aren't as easy and good as the above editors.

3. First, can you play the files on your computer using Windows Media Player or MPC-HC or VLC? If they're encrypted you will not be able to defeat that and use them.

Otherwise try something like MPeg2Cut2 for free, VIdeoRedo or TMPGenc Smart Renderer paid.

edit: Beaten to it by the master.

4. When I open the file in MPG2Cut2, I get a warning "Format Not Fully Supported"

5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I guess it means that the format is not fully supported. . But you can always try and see how it works. Or else keep trying free video editors.

And after you have seen that all crashes, doesn't cut exactly, etc then try/buy tmpgenc smart renderer.

6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try tsmuxer

Search PM
    Originally Posted by casterina View Post
    when i open the file in mpg2cut2, i get a warning "format not fully supported"
    Can you play them in any player on your computer?