VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've been trying to connect my Xbox 360, to play games not to share media, to my HP Media Center PC m7277c. It seems that I need to get to the Composite Video 2 channel. How do I get to this channel? Or is there another way to play on my Xbox 360 with my Media Center PC? Please help. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You are probably asking about composite video with two channel (Stereo) audio. Three RCA type cables will work for that. Not very good quality, though. S-video would be better quality, if that's available.

Sorry, I don't know much about a Xbox, but others here do.

If you plan to play the games from the Xbox through a computer, be aware that there will likely be some lag in the video. Probably more than you can tolerate for game playing.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    if you don't have an xbox360 with HDMI output then none of the stuff below applies to you :P.

IF YOUR MONITOR HAS AN AVAILABLE DVI/HDMI INPUT:
    These would be the optimal connections for video and you don't really need to fool with inputs on the computer itself.

a friend of mine recently bought a PC with a 22" LCD monitor that had both VGA and DVI inputs..he used the VGA input for the computer and got an HDMI to DVI cable to connect the xbox (via HDMI) to the monitor's DVI port.

If your monitor has DVI or doesn't support audio & video over hdmi or you want the audio to go elsewhere you will need to crack open that big dumb plastic block close to the A/V connector on the standard 360 A/V cables in order to fit both the HDMI and A/V cable connectors into the xbox.

IF YOUR MONITOR IS USING THE DVI INPUT AND ONLY HAS THE VGA (15-pin) INPUT:
    Get the VGA cable for your XBOX360 and connect it.

Whether or not you use the VGA cable or HDMI output you will have to go to the xbox system setup and change the resolution to match the native res of your monitor to get the best results.
    Quote Quote