VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got an Oppo 980 about four months ago, and it's been wonderful except for one rather annoying problem. Every now and then, when I put in a regular DVD (no problems with AVIs and other compressed files), as soon as I try to play it, the picture cuts out, leaving the screen black. The DVD continues to play, and the audio sounds fine, but there's no picture. The only way I've found to fix this is to unplug the DVD player--just turning it on and off doesn't work. I haven't seen any pattern to when this happens--it may happen one day with one DVD, but then that DVD plays fine the next ten times we use it. These are official DVDs, not bootlegs, from a variety of companies.

Has anyone else had this problem, or heard of it? Anyone know how to fix it? Does it sound like we have a defective player and should exchange it for a new one?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Have you contacted Oppo about this? Have you looked for a firmware update that might fix this problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As jman noted, I would contact Oppo. They should work with you to resolve the issue.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote