VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys!

I do phone interviews, and I need to record them.

I am looking for a way to digitally record my phone calls, and then transfer them to my computer.

Does anyone know how I could achieve this?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks.
    Jenny
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    They have Radio Shack stores in Canada?

You need phone record interface, appropriate cables, and a digital voice recorder with USB interface. Olympus makes the recorders.

On the other hand, I am not sure about the lawfulness of recording a phone conversation in Canada. Be sure to consult a corporate attorney.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi kschang and others.

Do you guys know of a forum that may deal with this kind of topic?

Any help would be great!

Thanks!
    Jenny
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can use a audio editor like the freeware Audacity to record the audio and output in MP3 or WAV format with a computer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    google.com is your friend.

Here is one link I found that seems fairly recent and prevalent: CLICK HERE

My google search was simply ---> record phone calls

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys!

FulciLives and others - thanks for the input and links - very very helpful!

Thank you.
    Jenny
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by micHarris180 View Post
    Sorry for answering after 9 years (omg, that's almost 10 years ) anyway... while searching on the Internet, this thread came towards me on the first Google page... so seeing that this thread isn't closed, I feel I must share my opinion (if it is problem, just delete my reply).
    Perhaps it's worth explaining how things work around here, although you'll likely be another "one post wonder" who may not even read this reply.

Generally speaking we'd prefer that old threads just be left alone unless what you have to add is truly critical towards answering a question or solving a problem. Is your post critical information? Well, I've seen more useless replies to old posts for sure, but even if well intentioned, I seriously doubt that the vast majority of people here can do anything with C# code.

Threads here don't get closed. Ever. Well, they do if they violate our terms of service but otherwise, never. This leads to people posting endlessly in certain sticky document threads that are really not intended for constant comment or people like you finding us via a web search and feeling compelled to post in an ancient thread. At least you didn't join us just to post "Thanks. That helped me a lot." I hate those posts.

Posts don't ever get deleted here by the moderators unless they are commercial spam, so you're fine. I suppose your post is OK in that it does provide a solution that a small number of people may be able to use, but in general we'd really prefer that old threads just be left alone.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    micharris180 should have asked me before spamming...then it might be okey. But not now.
    Quote Quote