VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone,

I'd like to get your opinions and general ideas about how I should go about with the following video project.

I have about 100 or more video files that are on a Mac. Most (but not all) the files are .dv files. I will know tomorrow what the other files are and exactly how many in total. Some of these files are very long (an hour or so), while some are very short spanning only seconds in length. They are all home movies/family movies.

I need to have all of these movies organized, and burned to dvd's with appropriate menus and titles. I can use either Mac or PC to do the job... but, since these files are currently on a Mac I'm thinking to use iMovie since it's already installed on the same machine. However, I have never used iMovie before and from what I have read I would still need another program to create/burn the dvd.

Does anyone here have experience doing it this way? With iMovie and perhaps iLife/iDvd.. or can someone here suggest a better way to do this on the Mac? How about a better way to do this on a PC?

Can someone suggest a better Mac program out there? I don't mind spending money on a good program to use, although I would rather not spend hundreds of dollars.

Can someone explain, in their own words, what iMovie CAN DO and what it cannot do? and iDvd?

Thanks for your time!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I read those pages last night.

However, Wikipedia helped a lot just now.
    Quote Quote