VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can't afford to drop $300 to $500 on a new Canon camcorder. Do you have any suggestions on a model or two that might be a couple years old that is perfectly serviceable? I'm looking for an HD camera takes SD Cards and is average to good in low light situations.
    Quote Quote  
  2. That's like asking what used Chevy that has a V8 engine is best. You probably won't get many good answers to your question but I sure would look at Ebay for starters.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What I have noticed is that Best Buy clearances some of the older models for half off what they sell for on Amazon and they also sell out of box items that were displays in the store. I did buy my last Canon camcorder on eBay, but I do feel like I would be rolling the dice on eBay. The other thing I've seen is that Canon sells refurbished models for less than retail as well.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Well there you go. Try Best Buy. Problem with that is, you will have to visit the store every week or so to finally find what you are looking for. Also try Canon for refurbished models.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's what I found at Best Buy in terms of open box cameras:

HF R30, HF R300, HF R40, HF R42, HF R400, HF M50.

The best price I have seen is the HF M50 Open Box for $169.99 (It's on clearance at most Best Buys for $299). Based on numbers that's the most expensive models of the ones above.
    Quote Quote