VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. If you buy a DVD movie from a shop then you will see that it has a main menu screen which has an animation which loops, main menu options like select subtitles and audio language, play and chapter select which lets you jump to the chapter that you want.

Is there a burning software which allows you to make a DVD movie which is like a DVD movie that you buy from a shop and it has the things that I mentioned? Also, preferably that software should also make a BluRay movie.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Burning software takes a bunch of files or a single ISO file and burns them to a disc. What you are looking for is DVD/BD authoring software, which makes those files.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Bwaak View Post
    What you are looking for is DVD/BD authoring software, which makes those files.
    Sorry. My mistake. Do you know any good authoring programs?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Free software is multiavchd,works good but might be touchy to get it working right,paid software would be tmpg authoring works 7,cost around 100$.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Have a look at DVDStyler. It's been mentioned a few times on the forum recently.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Most of those remaining inexpensive/free apps are dvd only, with a few that are bd only. There are almost none that do both dvd & bd (especially using the same source assets), and those that do are $$$$.
    Your requirements are also a bit above the most pedestrian, especially the playlists, motion Menus and audio/language selection.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Blu-Disc Studio Lite (only for Blu-ray authoring) is free but users need to know what they are doing and it lacks some features that Blu-Disc Studio provides.

Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    paid software would be tmpg authoring works 7,cost around 100$.
    I agree with your recommendation. TMPGEnc Authoring Works 7 can do almost everything that cns00 asked for, plus it looks to be more beginner-friendly than the freeware options for Blu-ray.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 19th Feb 2024 at 18:32.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What was the most recommended DVD authoring package 20 years ago?
    The one that comes to mind is Ulead DVD Workshop
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    What was the most recommended DVD authoring package 20 years ago?
    The one that comes to mind is Ulead DVD Workshop
    Yes, it was popular among forum members here. I think I still have my installation discs for the final version of DVD Workshop 2, which I bought in 2011, well after Ulead Systems was acquired by another company in 2006. I did not install the program again after I began using Windows 10. I don't know if it still works.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 19th Feb 2024 at 22:19. Reason: added version number and purchase date
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ulead DVDWS2 still works quite well, but in a VM.

I'm not aware of any DVD authoring package working in current Windows. Most have been discontinued for years, decades even. Quite a few were killed off by XP, most of the best were in XP, and nothing worked beyond Vista/7.

Trying to force legacy software (from 10-20 years ago) into a new OS is pretty stupid. It's like trying to equip a 1900s Ford Model T with the latest&greatest 2020s modern engine. Or stick a Model T engine in a current Ford F-150 EV. Wrong era.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    At the risk of being exiled to the hinterland…Cyberlink Power2Go can create and burn both DVD and Blu Ray.
    Menu creation, allows for some customization but I’m not at my PC to dig into my V13. I usually create my menus by altering existing content.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    At the risk of being exiled to the hinterland…Cyberlink Power2Go can create and burn both DVD and Blu Ray.
    Not at all, counters some of the BS flying around here.

Trying to force legacy software (from 10-20 years ago) into a new OS is pretty stupid.
    ?? If it works, it works. If it doesn't, try something else. What are you saying, "oh it's 20 years old, you're stupid trying to run it on Win 10"?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Based on your lack of experience. I would suggest DVDStyler. Relatively user friendly, and free. Treat it as a learning process. Once you have successfully authored some DVD's, and have some experience, you can start to consider some of the Blu-Ray authoring options, paid for, or otherwise. Although, I believe the only free app that does both DVD and Blu-Ray is multiAVCHD. Not user friendly at all.
    Quote Quote