VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi!

I've more or less one year of excellent usage of MKVTOMP4 and my Apple TV 3. I've used h264 1080p(and subtitles) and the result has been great.

However, with my latest remuxes I experience freeze seconds at my Apple TV3. Almost all 1080p footage freezes nowadays, and I'm using a wired network so the bandwidht cannot be the issue. I think I've messed up the settings...

Exactly what settings do you guys use? I don't want to go down to 3.1 settings - especially when 4.1 has worked before.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you compared the video settings with the ones that works and don't? Use mediainfo to identify all settings. It could be bitrate, framerate,audio or advanced h264 settings
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, that's the thing! The remuxes have - for example - an average bitrate of 10-15mb/s (where as the ATV has a max of 25mb/s). But - there's these max/tops of 30-40mb's bitrates which makes the viewing glitch.

It's my understanding that I had the settings before that kept the bitrate high but under the maximum allowed by ATV3. So, to go back to my first question - what settings do you guys use with the same gear? (ATV3 + wired network + 1080p h264 film at the size of ~8gb).

My dilemma is to use the preset of ATV3. Then the quality goes down to 3mb/s and the quality ratio to 3.1. I can't really understand why the bar is set so low - since the machine is able to playback 25mb/s and 4.0 in quality scale. What is that I'm missing here? (I mean that sentence in a serious way - not in a mocking way).
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try ask in

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/340675-Mkv%D0%A2%D0%BEMp4-v0-222-rapid-tool-for-repack-Mkv-to-Mp4

You could also try convert with something else and see how it works like vidcoder.

Or try stream/transcode the files directly with plex to the appletv3. But you maybe have tried that already.
    Quote Quote