VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And why I worry about that if someone would ask me
    In the first place I've found out that data disc (in this case my BD-5) can not be played at some BD players. I have a PS3 and such
    a data disc can be played back on mine while my friend's regular BD player can't do it.
    Wait a minute Today I have produced another data disc (maybe 4th or 5th) and this DVD can't be played back on my PS3

And what I want anyway ? I'd like to have on my DVD-R regular video file (not somethig like a data on my disc). Is this possible to do that anyway Thru all this time I'm trying to burn M2TS file on a DVD-5 and every time the content on burned DVD disc comes out as a data. I don't want that s..t
    I know about one little program that burns MTS file video/audio as it is to DVD disc. That's a PMB (Picture Motion Browser) the software that comes along with Sony HD XR-12 camcorder. Why I don't use this then ? PMB doesn't have a feature like adding transitions between the clips. And that's the thing what I want At least that.
    So far I have tried 5-6 different programs to output and burn M2TS on a DVD-5 (BD-5) and every time what I get is a data DVD disc
    Maybe some of you guys would make me aware of this For now I'm tired to try another program to do that. In some time I want to send supposedly-created DVD to my relatives. And I don't want to send a data disc to them for obvious reasons. They would curse me out for that propably

The last minute news: Now I've got a burned BD-5 thru Sothink HD Movie Maker. It took over 5 hours to output a file to burn (and it is only 42 min. video piece). Seriously Took over 5 hours for preparation before burn. I stick this in my PS3 and to my surprise I see on the display AVCHD disc . I wait a little minute and I see another message on the screen that says: this disc can not be played or something like that. I'm telling you it's really disheartening
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tip toeing through your epistle I think what you want to do is make a DVD that is playable on any conventional standalone DVD player?
    If so what you have to do is "author" the files via a DVD authoring program. VSO ConvertXToDVD is an example. This program processes your video files into the correct format for the DVD standard. You end up with a collection of VOB, IFO and BUP files contained within a folder called VIDEO_TS. You then can burn this to disc either with VSO ConvertXtoDVD or say Nero selecting the video disc option.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No no... I don't want to decrease a video quality at all. I just want to burn M2TS to disc as it is. Just dont wanna damn data file disc and that's my problem. Thank you for good intension to help anyway, Sidney-man
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I use multiavchd to author my avchd dvd folders which i then burn with imgburn,i would never use nero for burning.As to sending avchd discs to relatives theres no guarantee it will play on their blu-ray player.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My main concern, actually only concern is to obtain playable AVCHD disc (no damn data disc !). Yes, I red about multiavchd program but I didn't try it. My question is: once I get an output file from multiavchd would be this burned out as a data disc
    (which I don't want) or an AVCHD format on disc Could you answer me for this question, please.

Originally Posted by johns0
    As to sending avchd discs to relatives theres no guarantee it will play on their blu-ray player.
    Hmm... hmm... That's the sad news about this Really. This is sad.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Multi-AVCHD has a number of different output variants to suit a number of different players. Use the latest Imgburn (2.5.0.0) to burn the structure and it will make sure you don't get a data disc. If you do, it is because you did something wrong. The exact instructions, as written by the author of Imgburn, can be found here : http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=9512&s=d74878f01fa2dc1583c83374bd6405df
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    When you burn the output folder from multiavchd with imgburn it will recognize it as a blu-ray avchd folder and burn it as such,also if you dont set the file system and udf for burning this type of file imgburn will ask you if you want it to set it to the right settings for burning.

All the avchd dvd discs play on my sony blu-ray with no problems at all.Multiavchd also has a setting for outputting a folder for ps3 to play on solid state media.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by guns1inger
    Multi-AVCHD has a number of different output variants to suit a number of different players. Use the latest Imgburn (2.5.0.0) to burn the structure and it will make sure you don't get a data disc. If you do, it is because you did something wrong. The exact instructions, as written by the author of Imgburn, can be found here : http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=9512&s=d74878f01fa2dc1583c83374bd6405df

Originally Posted by johns0
    When you burn the output folder from multiavchd with imgburn it will recognize it as a blu-ray avchd folder and burn it as such,also if you dont set the file system and udf for burning this type of file imgburn will ask you if you want it to set it to the right settings for burning.

All the avchd dvd discs play on my sony blu-ray with no problems at all.Multiavchd also has a setting for outputting a folder for ps3 to play on solid state media.
    Sounds beautiful and promising I'll check this out today afternoon. I'm kind of exhausted right now. It's been very late here now.
    Good-night
    Quote Quote