VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    computer is booting in a cycle,

what causes this issue and how can it be solved?

cheers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Restart the computer, as it boots hold down the shift key (or might be F8) to get to the Safe Mode menu. One of the options is "Use Last Known Good Configuration", choose this. This has worked for me in the past when I had this problem.
    You are in breach of the forum rules and are being banned. Do not post false information.
    /Moderator John Q. Publik
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now, you know why it is mandatory to have an external drive backup, using Acronis or Norton's Ghost-Acronis is better, to resore a drive image when something like this occurs. System restore may or may not work-but an image restore always does. Go to Acronis web site to learn more, unless you like to do clean reinsalls of everything.
    I would not have a computer without this most important and necessary software. It would take me a week to reinstall all my special programs. However, if you just use the computer for web surfing, then a reinstall from mfg's recovery disk is all you need. Work smart-not hard,
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well , if it was a gigabyte motherboard using "express recovery" , and it was used when the pc arrived ... you could mirror the drive to another , should such an event take place ... although sata isn't supported as yet .

My drive image 5 dosent have a problem with my sata , yet the bios has it set to ide ... not all motherboards emulate this correctly ... motherboards using nforce chipsets seem to have many complaints .

Its not mandatory to have a backup image , or an external drive to store the image ... just good advice worth using , as it prevents the hassle of reloading the os from scratch all over .

There's also xp drive image tool : http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Back-Up-and-Recovery/DrvImagerXP.shtml

==

Problem could relate to :

A: Faulty condition within os / registry
    B: Harddrive / cable
    C: Motherboard / psu .

==

When it cycles ... how far is it getting ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Unexplained computer reboots can be caused by a failing or underpowered power supply (ps).

I've had this happen once because the ps WAS failing, and once because the addition of a second burner was just too much power demand on the ps.

In each case, an upgrade to a newer, larger-capacity ps solved my problem.
    Quote Quote