VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Subtitle Workshop freezes when loading an Mpeg2 program file (video and audio). This does not happen when loading an Mpeg2 elementary file (only video). Therefore I have to demux my movies before adding subtitles and it becomes very difficult to synchronize the subtitles with the video when thereīs no sound. Does anybody know a solution to this. I use the latest version of Subtitle Workshop.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    does the mpeg2 file work with windows media player without any problems?

Maybe you can try install another mpeg2 decoder and see if it works better with subtitle workshop. You can check what mpeg2/dvd codec that is the default with the Windows XP Video Decoder Checkup Utility , http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=de1491ac-0ab6-4990-943d-627e6...displaylang=en

Or maybe it's enough with ffdshow or ac3filter to decode the audio.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    The muxed file also causes windows media player to freeze, the demuxed not. The muxed file is playable with PowerDVD, Nero Showtime as well as the editors from Womble and Videoredo.
    I have the following mpeg decoders on my system: Elecard, AVS, Nero, Mainconcept, Cyberlink, Ulead and Intervideo. None of them are accepted as compatible with windows media player 10 according to the video decoder checkup utility and only the Nero decoder is reported as compatible with MCE ( I have XP pro). However I couldn't see which decoder was the default so I selected Nero. The audio in the muxed file is 2 channel Mpeg, the ac3filter is already on my system and I dont know ffdshow or how to use it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I solved the problem by installing the latest Elecard Mpeg2 decoder package. The current installed one was obviously outdated.
    Quote Quote