VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am having trouble understanding the difference between replay media catcher and replay video capture. I read the comparison chart on the official site but I still don't understand it. To me, it seems like they do the same thing.

another question I have is specifically about replay media catcher. I downloaded the trial version and played with it. my question is: When I press play in the video and the video is detected, do I have to stay on the video and keep playing it all the way to the end? or can I close my browser and the video will still record regardless?

And I am aware there is an official forum, but I never receive the activation email so I cant ask there.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Replay Media Catcher downloads files from the internet.
    Replay Video Capture records video via screen capture.

Once RMC is downloading, you can navigate to other web pages or close your browser..
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by mike20021969 View Post
    Replay Media Catcher downloads files from the internet.
    Replay Video Capture records video via screen capture.

Once RMC is downloading, you can navigate to other web pages or close your browser..
    so replay video capture is something like camstudio?
    does the video have to play all the way to the end?
    does it allow simultaneous recording? can I open 10 tabs in my browser, and play 10 videos and have them all recorded at the same time?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Video Capture = Screen Capture so it's one browser window or you end up with not what you want.

And you capture as it plays so whatever is on the screen must complete.

For Media Capture, in theory, you can record more than one stream at a time.

The success of both will depend on your internet connection. If the net connection stalls then the video capture will also stall.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Additionally Replay Video Catcher should be able to record anything whereas I've heard reports that every now and then Replay Media Catcher will fail to get a desired file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Media Catcher will NOT record protected streams.

Media Catcher has a tbyb so if it does not work for your target stream you have lost nowt.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!