VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

After many hours googling this place seemed to be the only place that knew anything about the intensity shuttle. Would be nice if Black magic had an offical forum or something.

Anyway, recently purchased an Intensity Shuttle for streaming and recording PS3 using component. Everything seems to work fine but I'm getting black flickering on the capture which after reading signifies a lack of bandwidth on the USB3 controller.

Heres a rundown of my rig:
    Win 7 Prof x64
    i5 2500k
    ASUS P8P67 PRO (rev 3.0), BIOS 2103
    Renesas USB3 controller (onboard): Driver: 2.1.28.0, Firmware: 3025, Model: uPD720200(Revision 3)
    Black Magic driver and software: Version 9.0.0.0
    Radeon HD5870 in Slot 1 (x8)
    Radeon HD5850 in Slot 2 (x8)

I've disabled power saving options in the bios and on the USB3 controller.
    Does anyone else have a similar setup and knows of a solution? Could my second graphics card have anything to do with it?

Thanks much in advance
    Let me know if you need any more information.
    Last edited by CaptainIcebergg; 29th Dec 2011 at 14:12.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sorry for the doublepost but this problem has been solved!

Since all of the above version/firmware were out of date the shuttle would flicker.
    I then installed the new versions listed above but the flicker kept.
    Moving the Shuttle over to another USB3 port (and thus reinstalling the drivers) has fixed my problem.

Might want to keep this here anyway to let other P8P67 users know that there is a confirmed working config. (up to mod discression I guess).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by CaptainIcebergg View Post
    Hi all,

After many hours googling this place seemed to be the only place that knew anything about the intensity shuttle. Would be nice if Black magic had an offical forum or something.

Anyway, recently purchased an Intensity Shuttle for streaming and recording PS3 using component. Everything seems to work fine but I'm getting black flickering on the capture which after reading signifies a lack of bandwidth on the USB3 controller.

Heres a rundown of my rig:
    Win 7 Prof x64
    i5 2500k
    ASUS P8P67 PRO (rev 3.0), BIOS 2103
    Renesas USB3 controller (onboard): Driver: 2.1.28.0, Firmware: 3025, Model: uPD720200(Revision 3)
    Black Magic driver and software: Version 9.0.0.0
    Radeon HD5870 in Slot 1 (x8)
    Radeon HD5850 in Slot 2 (x8)

I've disabled power saving options in the bios and on the USB3 controller.
    Does anyone else have a similar setup and knows of a solution? Could my second graphics card have anything to do with it?

Thanks much in advance
    Let me know if you need any more information.

Black magic design Intensity Shuttle Flickering FIXED

This actually baffled me for a few days. I checked with many forums and did all they said which was: *Disable C1E in bios (said to enable CnQ but didn't have that option) * "power options" in windows 7 set to high performance and "off" to PCI Express power savings. *Updated NEC driver for my LaCie USB 3.0 PCI Express Card and firmware to the instructions on Black Magic Design page.
    After all this I removed the PCI Express USB 3.0 card to another slot (I actually put it where the graphics card goes a PCIe x16 slot. This is ok apparently) Still didn't work. I then pluged into the other usb slot (there are 2 on my card) the computer detected and auto installed but this time I allowed it to auto update from windows update. I was canceling this previously as I thought that was the problem but looks like windows has a newer driver version that what Black Magic has? Anyhow finally this worked.
    As a curiosity when testing through composite connections I removed the camera and a blue screen showed (as a default place holder I assume like dvd players) and this was flickering too!? without any video even passing through it. Seems a problem the driver or correct card placement in its slot.
    Cheers
    James

Insanity or Reality? Alien Inhabitants
    They are here...
    www.alieninhabitantmovie.com
    Quote Quote