VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have premiere pro CS6 and a blackmagic intensitiy pro HDMI capture card will I be able to capture HD TV progrsms if I have a HDCP compliant monitor?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I know nothing about the Blackmagic cards, but those cards capable of HDMI capture require unencrypted HDMI signals or they can't capture anything that way. Typically TV programs are not unencrypted, but game play on a PS3 or similar system should be. HDMI capture is really intended for gamers to use, not people who want to record TV shows.

There are HDCP removers available and I suppose one of those could enable you to capture TV via HDMI, but as I've never used one the only thing I can tell you is that they exist. They're illegal in some countries and have to be sold as devices that don't admit their full capabilities in those countries. We've got a fairly big old thread on these devices if you want to search for it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ndjamena and jman98 speaketh the truth. I also have the Intensity Pro and when I wanted to capture HD TV programs I had to do it via the component video and RCA audio inputs. Worked great. Keep in mind that the files will be HUGE. I did not use Premiere to capture; I just used the software that came with the card.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, set-top boxes and satellite DVRs typically apply HDCP to HDMI. The Blackmagic Intensity Pro like most HDMI capture devices, will not record an HDCP protected input. Using a Mac and OS X makes the task of HD video capture harder for him.

zinctrumpet has already posted in the HDCP stripper thread, but perhaps did not read much of the thread or does not understand it. Members who tried to help him were unsuccessful. https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/334145-HDCP-strippers?p=2335688&viewfull=1#post2335688
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    Using a Mac and OS X makes the task of HD video capture harder for him.
    Roll of eyes - yet another Mac user who fails to tell us that he's on a Mac, which makes EVERYTHING much harder to do. Thanks for that info, usually_quiet.
    Last edited by jman98; 5th Aug 2014 at 12:29. Reason: Clarity
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Typically TV programs are not unencrypted, but game play on a PS3 or similar system should be.
    You had the misfortune of naming the one console where HDCP is always-on (except for demo units). BTW, "not unencrypted" almost makes me dizzy.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!