VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My Sony DVP305N ( latest revision 1.91 ) does not play any of the VCD's I burn (NTSC format ), yet all my other DVD players do ?

I am authoring with VCDEasy and burning the BIN / CUE files with Nero.

Could it be this combination ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I just want to add the following :

If I use Nero and select VDC, drag the mpeg ino the window it burns and plays fine . Although I cant put any interactivity on the disc.

So is it something in VCDEasy that it dont like ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. A further update with some more information just in case it will enable anyone to come back with some suggestions.

If I drop a MPEG VCD compliant file into Nero 5.5 and burn it as such, it works fine ( except there is no menu for PBC ).

If I use Movie Factory 2 it works fine with full PBC and thumbnail scene images. I have reservations that Movie Factory is not re-encoding my already VCD compliant MPEGS due to the time it takes to write a disc image ( even though I tell Movie Factory to accept non VCD compliant MPEGS ).

VCDEasy, which is the one I really want to use , this burns the CD with PBC information ( normally every 5 minutes on a 60 min MPEG ) but fails to work in the DVD player.....

Is there any other authoring software I could try that will allow basic VCD PBC and that does not re-encode the files I have alrady encoded with TMPGEng. VCDEasy obviously fits the bill, but does not work in my or friends DVD players. It only works in a 2 bit machine bought from a garage sale that is really bad quality
    Quote Quote