VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have Nero installed on two PCs. I also have several VIDEO_TS folders that I am in the process of converting to UDF ISO and I've been using the "Burn DVD-Video Files" and use Image Recorder to convert these to ISOs. All of these VIDEO_TS folders were created originally for DVD5.

On one PC, when I go through the process in Nero, it shows the max DVD setting to be for a DVD5 format. On the other, it shows the max DVD setting to be for DVD9. Based on this, I have a few questions.

Does it matter what the max DVD setting is when converting to ISO in Nero? I've noticed that for my own personal enjoyment, if I have 4 GB of files in the ISO, it doesn't matter whether the ISO was created with a max DVD setting for DVD5 or DVD9 when I play back the ISO on my WD TV Live. BUT, if for some reason I ever wanted to write the ISO back to DVD, does it matter what the max DVD setting was when the ISO was created? In other words, if I had created a 4GB ISO using a max DVD setting for DVD9, would I need a DVD9 to write it or could I use a DVD5 for the job?

If the max DVD setting does matter, how can I go about changing this? I've looked in the system settings and it appears these settings are linked to the properties of the DVD ROM installed on the PC.

Thanks to all for the time in reviewing and responding.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It should not matter since there is not going to be a layer-break beyond the 4 gig.

But easier to just use imgburn to create the iso.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That was quick. Thank you for the prompt response DB83. I appreciate it.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!