VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello.
    I am looking for a free or inexpensive program (that is simple to use) to copy a regular movie Blu-Ray disk to a BD-RE. I want this for my own family use. I will only copy a standard Blu-Ray movie. No 3D or anything else.

Don't need to make multiple copies. modify the menu, compress, remove trailers, remove languages, etc. Just make a simple and exact copy.

Please advise.

Thanx!

andy
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    The only free option at the moment is to use MakeMKV in Backup mode. DVDFab HD Decrypter is usually the other option, but Fab is having issues at the moment. MakeMKV is free while in beta, though you will need to update the beta keys from their forum every month or so.

To use MakeMKV in Backup mode, put your disc in your Blu-ray drive, click on File-->Backup. Choose to decrypt the video and set a place on the hard drive where you want the copy. This will give you the complete movie in file format.

If you want to burn to a disc, use ImgBurn and the UDF 2.5 file system. Most uncompressed Blu-ray movies will require a double layer BD disc. A few will fit onto a single layer disc but these are unusual.

If you don't want to spend the extra for double layer discs, consider using BD Rebuilder to make an exact copy of the movie, menu and all, compressed to fit a single layer. Quality will still be quite good.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the comment.
    I have BD-RE double layered disks.

I want to try this MakeMKV. I am very familiar with ImgBurn. Please tell me..........What is the "UDF 2.5 file system" that you speak of?

Thank you.

andy
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the comment.
    Found this in INTERNET. I see that this software is highly rated................DVDFab Blu-ray Copy $60 plus 20% discount
    It is described at: http://www.dvdfab.cn/blu-ray-copy.htm
    It seems to do it all and is simple to use.

What do you think?
    Thank you.

andy
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I appreciate your help, one and all.

Tell me……….because I don't “get it” ......I have the SlySoft products - AnyDVD, Clone DVD2, Clone CD.
    They are great. I make backups of DVDs with ease!

I thought that Clone DVD2 would copy a Blu-ray movie? Does Slysoft make a product that does this? Why not?

Thank you.

andy
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Are you talking to yourself?

Try first makemkv instead of buying anything. Follow kerrys steps.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by andy jackson View Post
    I appreciate your help, one and all.

Tell me……….because I don't “get it” ......I have the SlySoft products - AnyDVD, Clone DVD2, Clone CD.
    They are great. I make backups of DVDs with ease!

I thought that Clone DVD2 would copy a Blu-ray movie? Does Slysoft make a product that does this? Why not?
    AnyDVD HD - note the HD there in that name - can rip BluRay movies. It's up to you burn the output once you have it. I recommend using ImgBurn for burning.

Do you just assume because DVD is in a program name that it also applies to BD? That's a bad assumption and a wrong one as you found out. The few companies that sell ripping programs charge extra for BD+DVD. If you pay less you just get DVD.
    Quote Quote