VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have a 4:3 set into a 16:9 720p 16:9 image, HuffYuv. I wanted to change the audio track, add some text and fade-in and fade-out. However after rendering again as HuffYuv with Vegas Pro 8 the file the video gets screwed up.

Goes from this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Good.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	23693

To This:

Name:	squashed.jpg
Views:	431
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	23694

Any idea what's happening here? Within Vegas Pro I have the frame size set to 1280x720, I checked "Stretch video to fill output frame (do not letterbox). Yet it's squashing the image.

Thanks for all input.
    Quote Quote  
  2. What are your project settings, and file interpretation settings ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    What are your project settings, and file interpretation settings ?
    Not sure what you mean by project settings.

Here's the video render settings. I've tried different pixel aspect ratios, doesn't seem to make a difference.

Name:	render settings.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	23695

Name:	render checkbox.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	23696
    Quote Quote  
  4. Your pixel aspect ratio should be 1.0 square pixel, not 0.9091 . You're using pillarboxed 960x720 => 1280x720 . This is a square pixel format

Check to make sure it's the same in the project properties that's what I mean by project settings (file=> properties), and the file interpretation settings (right click the video in the project media bin)
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 20th Feb 2014 at 10:48.
    Quote Quote  
  5. and do not stretch video to fill output while rendering, you should use pan/crop to fit any content as you wish,
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Your pixel aspect ratio should be 1.0 square pixel, not 0.9091 . You're using pillarboxed 960x720 => 1280x720 . This is a square pixel format

Check to make sure it's the same in the project properties that's what I mean by project settings (file=> properties), and the file interpretation settings (right click the video in the project media bin)
    Matching them all made the difference. I also notice that now the preview window is fully filled.

Many thanks! I figured it was some setting I didn't have right. An RTFM moment.
    Quote Quote