VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I need to burn some video files but my Nero is only allowing me to burn at 1x...it's alright up till i put a blank DVD in..then it goes back to 1x and i can't change the write speed till i take the disc out...which is pointless.
    Any ideas.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try a reboot, also what speed are the Blanks?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    well... no real information given so........
    And what Bodyslide said....
    no info on what drive you have, what media you are using, what the rated speed of the media or drive is, ect ect ect.

I've seen this with older media and or newer media with older drives or drives that don't have the write strategy for the specific media.

Try to see if there is a newer firmware update for "whatever" drive you have.

I have used mediaspeededit to make new firmware or change the write strategy to burn media faster than what the drive will allow.

Under the same circumstances even imgburn will allow you to set the burn speed higher, but the drive will not burn any faster, nero just recognizes this and only allows you to set it at the speed the drive will burn it.

you've been here this long and you think giving the least amount of info will help
    Quote Quote