VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I have a standard defination and a HD TV with HDMI inputs in which I cannot playback my 4k video straight off the camcorder. The video plays back on my ASUS PB278Q which is 1920x1080 and 2560 x 1440 without any problems through HDMI.
    My XAVC HD video "will play back" on both of my TV's, but when I switch to my 4k XAVC QFHD the video won't play back. Unfortunetly, I do not have a 4K TV at this time. Is there any way to play back 4k on either one of my TV's? Thanks in advance for your help, Ray
    Quote Quote  
  2. You have Composite, SDI and HDMI outputs on that camera. Have you tried them all?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, I have not.... I only have an HDMI cable. I'm hoping that one of the other types will work. I'd like to get confirmation on which cable would before purchasing one. I'll try contacting Sony, but it will probably take some luck to get a response. Ypo may or may not know that the 4k was an added paid upgrade/option on this camcorder. In my opinion, Sony should at least give the purchasers information regarding the upgrade in a users type manual. Thanks, Ray
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Which device is doing the downsizing? If the player app (in camera) expects the display to handle it and doesn't intend to downsize on its own, and your display(s) cannot support source dimensions of such size (probably because they didn't foresee the trend), then that would explain it.

Try to get the player to force a downsize.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Thanks for all the replies.... I contacted Sony USA in which I received a very quick response. They gave me a link (below) to the release notes of the 4k upgrade which includes 4k user information. I totally overlooked it upon downloading the upgrade..... My Bad. Settings for playback was a breeze. Thanks again for all your help. Ray

https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.com/Downloads/SoftwarePLUSReleaseNotes/Release-Notes-XDX70V200.pdf
    Quote Quote