VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, So i have a DVD with 2 episodes on it but when I ripped it with DVDdecrypter(IFO mode) and DVDShrink(Re-Author) they come out both together. It's supposed to be two 45mins VOB's but instead only one rips out that is 90mins. I would like to transcode these using x264 and I know how to split using avisynth. My question is there any way to find out the exact frame to split it and also how do I split the audio?

Video is NTSC 29.97i and I will deinterlace it to 23.976 and I sometime have problems keeping them in sync.
    Quote Quote  
  2. First I'd check if there are two different titles (but there probably aren't, as you originally used DVD Decrypter in IFO Mode). If you have the decrypted DVD on the hard drive, open the IFO in PGCDemux and check if there are two different titles in there. If not, set it to VOB ID Mode and check if they're split by VOB ID.

If that doesn't work, first determine the number of chapters in the first video, go back into DVD Decrypter set up in IFO Mode, and check only the number of chapters for that first video and decrypt it. Then change to the chapters for the second video and decrypt that.
    I will deinterlace it to 23.976
    I think you mean you'll IVTC it. Although one result of an IVTC is getting rid of the interlaced frames, the process has nothing to do with deinterlacing, but with field-matching followed by removal of the duplicate frames. Since the process keeps the video the same length, no audio synch problems are ever caused by an IVTC (or by deinterlacing, for that matter).
    Last edited by manono; 5th May 2012 at 20:16.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    First I'd check if there are two different titles (but there probably aren't, as you originally used DVD Decrypter in IFO Mode). If you have the decrypted DVD on the hard drive, open the IFO in PGCDemux and check if there are two different titles in there. If not, set it to VOB ID Mode and check if they're split by VOB ID.

If that doesn't work, first determine the number of chapters in the first video, go back into DVD Decrypter set up in IFO Mode, and check only the number of chapters for that first video and decrypt it. Then change to the chapters for the second video and decrypt that.
    Thanks, I didn't think of that since i've never cut out any chapters. I actually used DVDShrink and it had 12 chapters, 6 for each episode so that was preety easy. Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote