VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I already posted in "Hi8 noise at bottom - not overscan - what causes it?", but this is kind of a different problems that relates.

First i had a problem with noise on the top of the screen.
    Now the recordings on the tape will not show up when played back, it only shows that neutral screen as if nothing is recorded, but there are recordings on these tapes. Earlier I was able to see them, and now the same tapes I play back, the recording will not play back only the neutral screen noisy black and white screen.

I never had this happen before, so Im really stuck on this one.
    Any help appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Probably very dirty or clogged heads on the camera. If you fast forward a bit and then rewind and play, does that help at all?
    If so try a cleaning tape, but do not overdo it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. It did help, but still have that stupid line of noise on top at some parts of the video.
    Using hdpvr to capture and it sometimes freezes the picture, but when I watch what I captured I don't see the freeze in the video. Weird.
    Quote Quote  
  4. If it helped, that means dirt. Either on the camera's heads or on the tape itself.

The best option is to have the camera's heads professionally cleaned. Second best option is to use a cleaning head -- very conservatively.

If there is dirt in the cassette itself, fast forwarding all the way to the end, then rewinding to the beginning can often clean it up.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!