VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying out version 5.10.330.0 and the program runs and converts fine as long as I don't want to use any filters.
    When I try one, I get a weird error on virtually every one. The only thing that changes from one filter to another is
    the line number. Apparently it can't load some dll's like fft3dfilter.dll, mt_masktools-26.dll, and dfttest.dll. I've
    reinstalled and it didn't help.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	24201

This is the filtering script it produces.

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	201.4 KB
ID:	24202

And this is what AvsP editor says.

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	226.9 KB
ID:	24203

I am no avisynth pro, but do these errors mean anything to anybody??
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Nope, I have not seen that error.

But you could try install xvid4psp5 to a folder without a space. And try find those filters somewhere else and put in the plugins folder.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I usually get this error when i start xvid4psp on a newly installed os... so i had to install xvid4psp and avisynth again to get it working
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for responding. I've been running this Win 7 for years, so it isn't that. I uninstalled again, and installed into
    C:\dvd\xvid4psp (path with no spaces) and it still did the same thing. So I uninstalled again and also uninstalled avisynth,
    then let xvid4psp install everything to its default settings. Still the same thing, no go. I noticed the default install
    path does include spaces, hmmm. Do people normally change the default install??

Baldrick, I'm not sure what you meant by: "And try find those filters somewhere else and put in the plugins folder."

They are in the plugins folder under xvid4psp -> C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins

Could you clarify a little, please??

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by ratskie View Post
    Thanks for responding. I've been running this Win 7 for years, so it isn't that. I uninstalled again, and installed into
    C:\dvd\xvid4psp (path with no spaces) and it still did the same thing. So I uninstalled again and also uninstalled avisynth,
    then let xvid4psp install everything to its default settings. Still the same thing, no go. I noticed the default install
    path does include spaces, hmmm. Do people normally change the default install??

Baldrick, I'm not sure what you meant by: "And try find those filters somewhere else and put in the plugins folder."

They are in the plugins folder under xvid4psp -> C:\Program Files (x86)\XviD4PSP 5\dlls\AviSynth\plugins

Could you clarify a little, please??

Thanks
    Did u try changing the symbols of the plugins for e.g changing mt_masktools-26.dll to mt_masktools_26.dll
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had tried that before and just tried it again. Didn't make any difference. The avisynth script still references the
    plugin as mt_masktools-26.dll. I don't know how the program generates these scripts internally so I don't know
    how to modify that part to match up. But thanks for the suggestion..... I may be the only person in the world
    that can't run this program.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by ratskie View Post
    I had tried that before and just tried it again. Didn't make any difference. The avisynth script still references the
    plugin as mt_masktools-26.dll. I don't know how the program generates these scripts internally so I don't know
    how to modify that part to match up. But thanks for the suggestion..... I may be the only person in the world
    that can't run this program.
    Does the encoding work if u disable the plugins? And what version of xvid4psp do u have ? tried resetting ur settings in the program? y does it say plugin path c:\dvd\xvid4psp 5?

Just uninstall the program use cc cleaner after that... and if u have avisynth installed uninstall it Try installing avisynth through xvid4psp installation and install at default program files x86 location .
    Last edited by rated_x75; 23rd Mar 2014 at 11:20.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for sticking with me rated_x75.

It's version XviD4PSP_5.10.330.0_(2013-03-21)_rc33.1 that I'm trying to get going. It does indeed work fine just encoding as long as I don't choose any filters...

Here's what I did:
    Uninstalled xvid4psp. Uninstalled avisynth (although it already went away with the xvid4psp uninstall.) Ran ccleaner. Installed avisynth 2.6.0 beta.
    Installed xvid4psp to path "C:\dvd\xvid4psp" to avoid any spaces in the path name; unchecked to install its own version of avisynth.

And walla....same error. Only this time by chance I choose the SeeSaw filter and it didn't like the fft3dgpu.dll plugin. So it isn't always
    the ones with dashes in the name. Any other quick suggestions?? I'm spending way too much time on this, I guess.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by ratskie View Post
    Thanks for sticking with me rated_x75.

It's version XviD4PSP_5.10.330.0_(2013-03-21)_rc33.1 that I'm trying to get going. It does indeed work fine just encoding as long as I don't choose any filters...

Here's what I did:
    Uninstalled xvid4psp. Uninstalled avisynth (although it already went away with the xvid4psp uninstall.) Ran ccleaner. Installed avisynth 2.6.0 beta.
    Installed xvid4psp to path "C:\dvd\xvid4psp" to avoid any spaces in the path name; unchecked to install its own version of avisynth.

And walla....same error. Only this time by chance I choose the SeeSaw filter and it didn't like the fft3dgpu.dll plugin. So it isn't always
    the ones with dashes in the name. Any other quick suggestions?? I'm spending way too much time on this, I guess.
    ok now uninstall avisynth and xvid4psp and install in Program Files (x86) folder but dont install avisynth ..... just install xvid4psp with default installation... also post a screenshot of the log file generated in my documents if u get an error again
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @rated_x75:
    I uninstalled and reinstalled into Program Files with all default settings and xvid4psp's own avisynth, and the same thing again. But I
    did discover that by copying plugin dll's that I had saved from awhile ago (before this mess with xvid4psp) over the ones xvid4psp
    installs for itself, that I don't get the load errors that I got before. But now I get errors from the .avs scripts it loads later on.

Oh, well, we tried but I am giving up. This is getting too much, but I really appreciate your efforts to help. Time to close this case.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote