VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. First you need to decrypt the HD-DVD to your hard drive. The program for doing so and the keys can be found at http://hdkeys.com/

You will need one of these three programs for playback:

PowerDVD 6.5 HD-DVD
    PowerDVD 7.1 or 7.2 Ultra
    WinDVD Platinum version 8 (Japan Release only)

The instructions for playing from the hard drive can be found at the Doom9 forum at:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=120842&page=2

For simplicity's sake I am going to copy the key post from 2themax here:

"There is a playback solution for movies with IME and U-Control. Run the movie through BackupHDDVD to your hard drive as normal. Once the movie is done decrypting, go to the folder where the .EVO files were decrypted. Create 2 new folders; ADV_OBJ and HVDVD_TS. Copy the main movie, usually will have FEATURE or PEVOB in the name, into the HVDVD_TS folder. There may be more than one .EVO file to copy. Once that is done, go back to the original disc and browse to the HVDVD_TS folder. Copy over the corresponding .MAP files; i.e. if the .EVO file is FEATURE.EVO, copy over FEATURE.MAP, to the HVDVD_TS folder on your hard drive. From the same directory, copy the .VTI file. It should look something like HVA00001.VTI. Place both MAP and .VTI files in the HVDVD_TS folder on your hard drive. Now go back to the disc and browser to the ADV_OBJ folder. From that folder, copy the DISCID.DAT file and the VPLST000.XPL file to the ADJ_OBJ folder you just created on your hard drive. Once that is done, open the VPLST000.XPL in either an XML editor or plain-text editor. At the top, there may be some AACS info and null characters. They can be erased. There may also be some at the end of the file. In that file, focus on the info between the opening and closing TitleSet tags. The following parts can be customized. Since only the main movie was copied over to the HVDVD_TS folder, the rest of the information needs to be deleted. Start by deleting the FirstPlayTitle info. Next, find the main movie. If there are any Titles before it, delete them also. If doing this, make sure to change the titleNumber attribute of the main movie to 1. Now delete all titles after the main movie. There may be quite a few to delete. After all the titles, there is a section called PlaylistApplication. Delete that too. There should now only be one title left, the main movie. Within that title, there may be references to ApplicationSegment and ScheduledConrtolList. Delete either or both if they exist. What you are left with is the Playlist for the main movie. It contains the needed references to the main and sub video along with the main audio, sub audio, and subtitles. Since PowerDVD does not handle subtitles right, I choose to delete all references to them in the Playlist. To do so, remove references to them in the PrimaryAudioVideoClip and also in TrackNavigationList. I also removed the references to SubVideo and SubAudio to insure smooth playback. This may not be necessary though. Once all that is done, from PowerDVD, point to the folder containing the ADV_OBJ and HVDVD_TS folders on your hard drive and hit play. If everything was done right, you should be watching the movie. So far I have gotten King Kong and Batman Begins to play using this method. Give it a shot!"

Hope this helps!
    Quote Quote