VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just got the Zune 120 for Christmas. Seems pretty good so far, but one problem is that i can't get some of my videos on it. ive converted them so that the zune media player recognizes and plays them, and they're in my collection.
    when i plug my zune in and try to sync (automatically or manually) my videos onto it, it flashes the syncing icon, and shows some %completed numbers. when i unplug the zune, it says that the sync is complete, but the videos aren't on the player. they're just not there

the microsoft sample videos that come with all PCs import and play on the zune, so i know the sync process works. i know that the converter I'm using works since i downloaded a random youtube vid and converted and put it on the player. I've heard that the zune has security software that prevents it from playing pirated videos, is this true? I mean, theoretically, if I downloaded vids from torrents, would I theoretically not be able to play them on my zune?

any help appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. i've made plenty of vids for a zune 30 and never had any compliant ones not sync. from a lot of different sources. i would guess the videos aren't in a folder the zune software is trying to sync? or not in the proper format, try the free zune converter and use h264 .mp4
    http://www.brothersoft.com/free-zune-video-converter-77931.html

or use wmv9 type video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yep first suspicion is format isn't fully compatible.

Personally I'd skip h264 completely for the zune. At least on the 30gb zune it reconverts it to wmv anyway. I always convert videos directly to 320x240 wmv and have not had any problem playing them. Mine are dvd rips off my own dvds so I can't say from download experience. Though if you convert to the right format you should be able to play anything.

THOUGH big caveat the ZUNE is not playforsure compatible. So that means if it says its playforsure compatible the ZUNE WILL NOT PLAY IT.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote