VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My notebook's resolution is 1200 by 800 pixels , it can play 1080p videos! Does the player automatically scale down the 1080p to 720p? In doing so, it must reducing the quality/bitrate of the video. In other words, does it act as a converter implicitly because that's the job of a video converter , isn't it?
    Which player is best developed for this scenario in windows?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The player can play at that resolution of 1080p but ur screen resolution will not allow to see u at that resolution ur basic quality of ur screen is 720p. So next time check the resolution of ur laptop before buying one. Perhaps get ready for 4k screen resolution.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The graphics chip inside your notebook is re-scaling to it's native resolution of 1200*800
    Quote Quote  
  4. If it's keeping the aspect ratio it's scaling 1920x1080 to 1200x675 and adding letterbox bars to bring the frame up to 1200x800.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You wont see a loss of quality on a smaller lcd screen with the picture being scaled done.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. You may or may not notice artifacts from scaling. It depends on the video and the scaling algorithm used. For example, the thin lines in the attached test pattern video will show some artifacts when scaled. But with most real world video it won't be as noticeable.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote