VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just purchased the LG BP125 Bluray and DVD player - very good reviews and extremely cheap for its quality. However I went to the LG website to try to download the Owners Manual (as advised by LG) and they don't recognise the model on their site!!!

Can anyone help me with getting the manual?

Also - is there a way to make it region-free for DVD and/or Bluray? I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere? Would this be because its a relatively new budget player or something???

Thanks for your help guys.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Morrissey View Post
    I just purchased the LG BP125 Bluray and DVD player - very good reviews and extremely cheap for its quality. However I went to the LG website to try to download the Owners Manual (as advised by LG) and they don't recognise the model on their site!!!

Also - is there a way to make it region-free for DVD and/or Bluray? I can't seem to find a definitive answer anywhere? Would this be because its a relatively new budget player or something???

It's most likely a discontinued model since there seem to be more refurb models on Amazon than "new" ones.
    And......NO....you might be able to find a hack for DVD viewing but 99% sure you won't find a hack for bluray viewing.
    Quote Quote  
  3. No its not a discontinued / refurb model. Check out the recent reviews its been getting.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No its not a discontinued / refurb model. Check out the recent reviews its been getting.
    Still doesn't change the fact that you won't find a BluRay hack for it.....and it sure as hell won't be in the manual either.
    Quote Quote  
  5. No, I just would like to download the manual to read it regardless.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    No its not a discontinued / refurb model. Check out the recent reviews its been getting.
    I have read each and every review here. All zero of them.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-BP125-Slim-Blu-ray-Player/dp/B009AP9D54/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&...2124387&sr=8-1

This player is NOT listed on LG UK's site. It is listed on LG's South African site. So, did you buy this in a country outside of Europe? Then you will need to contact the support site for that country. Also, I suspect you bought this from a shady 3rd party seller like on Craigslist and that's why you're missing the manual. Lucky you, but South Africa is in region 2 for DVD and B for BluRay so you'll be able to use the player on UK discs even if you can't unlock it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. No, it is widely available in the UK high street - I bought mine from Argos. It is available from Richer Sounds, Amazon UK and various other outlets here.

Thanks Davexnet - I'll check out your link.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    I have read each and every review here. All zero of them.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-BP125-Slim-Blu-ray-Player/dp/B009AP9D54/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&...2124387&sr=8-1

This player is NOT listed on LG UK's site. It is listed on LG's South African site. So, did you buy this in a country outside of Europe? Then you will need to contact the support site for that country. Also, I suspect you bought this from a shady 3rd party seller like on Craigslist and that's why you're missing the manual. Lucky you, but South Africa is in region 2 for DVD and B for BluRay so you'll be able to use the player on UK discs even if you can't unlock it.
    I suspect the BP125 is new to the UK. Amazon UK and Woolworths are selling it, so it would not necessarily have come from a private sale or from outside the UK.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-BP125-Slim-Blu-ray-Player/dp/B009AP9D54
    http://www.woolworths.co.uk/lg-bp125-blu-ray-player/1164431746.prd

There are no downloadable manuals for the BP125 at the support section LG's South African website either. Product and support pages for it may show up on the UK website later.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    There are no downloadable manuals for the BP125 at the support section LG's South African website either. Product and support pages for it may show up on the UK website later.
    Doesn't surprise me. I love LG stuff but trying to compare models online vs. what you saw in a store is ridiculous nowadays. A few days ago I was looking at a computer monitor/TV combo in the local MediaMarkt(Germany) and that model is also NOT on LG's current website offerings.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    I just purchased the LG BP125 Bluray and DVD player - very good reviews and extremely cheap for its quality. However I went to the LG website to try to download the Owners Manual (as advised by LG) and they don't recognise the model on their site!!!

Don't know if this helps any but here is a link to the U.S. manual of the same model # LG BP125.

http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-BP125
    Quote Quote  
  11. I just got one of these here in the UAE. I bought it because I thought I had found a hack for the DVD function but it turns out that the hack doesn't work. I would like to encourage you clever folks who know how to do such things to tackle this player. I would really appreciate it and I imagine many other folks would too. I get the impression that Walmart sold many on Black Friday in the US. Here's hoping.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Has anyone noticed that this player has Cinavia ? If you play a copied disk Blu-Ray or DVD that has it , the message will appear and the audio will mute. However if you play a file eg. avi, mp4 or MKV that has it on a USB drive the message does not appear and it will play all the way through.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    n8tvm53 - Thanks for the info. I'm not surprised as it's been poorly known for some time that non-DVD and non-BluRay formats like MKV, AVI, etc. don't support Cinavia. Streaming Media players like the Western Digital models ignore Cinavia "protected" MKV files, for example, as they have no licensing for BluRay playback, they have no reason to add Cinavia support. This is one of the reasons why it's probably pretty stupid for people to be buying up lots of BluRay players that haven't had Cinavia support added. You can just rip and convert to MKV for a streaming media player and it will be ignored.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Now - the PS3 will still enforce Cinavia in any format.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'd be surprised if Sony's players didn't support Cinavia, across all formats. Sony's probably the driving force behind Blu-Ray, so whatever protection schemes are introduced for Blu-Ray, they'll likely be the first to implement it and enforce it in totality.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  16. I saw the BP125 at Walmart this afternoon for $39. Or was it $29?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Walmart.com has it listed at $48.00 which is damn cheap but I have seen electronics in the past that were at one price on-line and then another (usually lower) price in the store. Still even at $48.00 that seems like a great deal and if it is indeed cheaper in the store, then even better!

The only drawback to this model, well at least for some this will be a drawback, is that it only features a single HDMI output and no other video and no other audio output. That means you need a receiver with HDMI input or a TV that can accept HDMI and output digital audio (my mom's Samsung has this feature). However for someone like me who has a TV with no audio out and no receiver with HDMI then this model would do me no good.

Shame since it seems nice for the price. Obviously it won't be a problem for all.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman

*** EDIT ***
    I'm wrong LOL
    It does have a digital coaxial audio output. However it is missing RCA stereo output jacks.
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My local SamsClub had one of these for $29.99. I bought one on a whim since it said it did play other video files, avi, mkv, etc.

So far I have thrown several different types of files at it and have been impressed with it's playback at such a cheap price.

Even 1080p MKV's I have tried have played beautifully. Blurays play well and surprisingly load fairly quickly. DVD upconvert isn't very good but I am not too concerned with that.

All in all I have to recommend this cheap player since I expected nothing from it to start with.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is my FIRST post on this Forum!
    I Registered the player on the LG.com web site, which was not easy, but I got there in the end. I got a Manual from DjVu Viewer BP125_MFL67475811_EU_ENG_1.0[1]. This an Adobe acrobat File [PDF].
    I hope this works
    I am Looking for a code to give ALL REGION play-back on my player. Any feedback will be invaluable please!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Geoffrey Philip View Post
    I am Looking for a code to give ALL REGION play-back on my player. Any feedback will be invaluable please!
    For DVD or Bluray or both ?

Because odds are against you for any kind of region free on Bluray playback.....
    In case you did not actually read this post or the 1000's of others asking for region free Bluray playback hacks.....
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Noah for the prompt reply. A code for All Region DVD playback.
    Geoffrey.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Noah for the prompt reply. A code for All Region DVD playback.
    Geoffrey.
    The number of new Blu-Ray that can be made region free by entering codes with a remote very small. If you want a region-free player, you need to seek out a specialty retailer that has installed modified firmware or replacement chips to make the machines they are selling region free.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks usually_quiet, I'll try that
    Geoff
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks usually_quiet, I'll try that
    Geoff
    A quick search with Google turned up Amazon.co.uk and dvdworldusa.com as possible sources.
    Quote Quote  
  25. (edit: wrong model, I have the BP135)
    Last edited by manhunt2; 21st Dec 2013 at 17:38.
    Quote Quote