VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a few Lost season 2 HD Transport Streams that are broken up into 145Mb pieces. I'd like to join them together for better viewing. Any suggestions?

I've tried the "Split & Concat" program without success and I've searched this forum with no results.

Any help is appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  2. MPEG Streamclip can join MPEG files.

The joined files must have the same PIDs, the same start codes, and the same audio/video properties (that is, they must come from the same source or channel).

Using "Convert to MPEG" before joining the files can be helpful, because it changes PIDs and start codes to a default value.

The preferred method to join streams is to Copy one stream in MPEG Streamclip, open another stream and Paste it there. This method checks that the joined streams indeed are compatible.

Another method is to put the joined MPEGs in the same folder, and rename them so that they sort as desired in list view. Then select them via MPEG Streamclip's "File/Open Files..." dialog box (Shift- or Command-click to select multiple MPEGs). Then choose "Edit/Fix Timecode Breaks". After this MPEG Streamclip should report the combined length of all MPEGs (check the Log Window if you want to know whether any timecode breaks were found). Then choose "File/Convert to MPEG..." to save them in a single file. If the video transition between two files looks bad, you can use the Cut command to improve it. You can join very different and incompatible MPEGs with this latter method so the end result is not guaranteed to work.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Very detailed answer! Thanks! I'll give it a shot and report back. Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Worked like a charm! And took less than 5 min for 4Gb. Thanks so much!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Another alternative is NullPacketStripper, but I think while joining the transport streams, it also strips out null packets, which programs like VirtualDVHS2 need to play back the transport stream properly.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Just use tsMuxer. Its free!
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think tsmuxer existed 9 years ago...
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Oops, sorry my bad.

Anyway, tried tsmuxer and it's really an awesome TS + TS concatenation software as well as a trimmer! And it's free.
    Quote Quote