VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, I was trying the Hack on the dvd hacks section and now I have a Tray Error message on the screen, and the tray doesnt open. Please Help me.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have the same error as this, does anyone have an answer to the problem yet?
    Quote Quote  
  3. To fix the "tray error" message with my Samsung E360, I had to open the enclosure by removing the two black screws at the rear of the machine.

ATTENTION:
    THERE IS A RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK ONCE THE CASE HAS BEEN OPENED, AS THE MACHINE MUST BE POWERED ON FOR THIS TO WORK! This post is merely an account of how I solved my problem. If you decide to attempt to replicate my results by using this method, you do so at your own risk! TAKE UTMOST CARE NOT TO TOUCH OR ALLOW ANY FOREIGN OBJECT TO COME INTO CONTACT WITH ANY PART OF THE CIRCUITRY WITHIN, AND ALWAYS CONSULT AN EXPERT IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING. I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY INJURY OR DEATH AS A RESULT OF USING THE METHOD DESCRIBED HEREIN.

Once I had the cover off, I used a paper clip to gently rotate the gear underneath the tray counterclockwise until the error message disappeared from the screen. It took a few nudges and little effort, but once the message disappeared, I reset my machine to it's original state, and used the following fix from Xtofoz on this forum:

1. Make sure there is no disc in the player.
    2. Turn on the player
    3. wait for no disc to appear on TV
    4. Press the repeat button (plain not A-B)
    5. Press the sequence corresponding to the original region code of your player, FF= fast forward, FR= fast rewind
    Region 2 - FF, FR, FF, UP, DOWN
    Region 3 - FF, PLAY, FR, UP, LEFT
    Region 4 - FR, PLAY, DOWN, DOWN, RIGHT
    Region 5 - FF, UP, DOWN, STOP, RIGHT
    Region 6 - LEFT, RIGHT, RIGHT, PLAY, LEFT
    6. If you did it right a small white zero will appear on the screen
    7. Turn the player off and on again.
    8. Your player is now region free

It worked for me!
    Last edited by kdlp313; 28th Apr 2015 at 01:36.
    Quote Quote  
  4. kdlp313, I am trying your fix for the tray error (I ended up with it trying to change my DVD to all regions). I understand the risks and respect your disclaimer.

I took the 2 screws off the DVD player to get the cover off.

Do I need to take the screws out of the part that covers the tray to do the paperclip thing? So far I do not see any gears I would rotate with a paperclip.

Thank you for your help!
    Quote Quote  
  5. lakewalther,

There was no further disassembly required on the E360 other than the exterior casing. Once I had it off, there was a white plastic cog visible just below the disc tray--part of the "tracking drive". A few gentle turns, and the message on my screen disappeared.

Cheers!
    Last edited by kdlp313; 28th Apr 2015 at 02:16.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Bought my samsung E360 in ny chinatown was told it's already region free but it won't play some region 2(japan) dvd. I tried the hack posted but doesn't work. Anyone else had similar problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by marleybow View Post
    Bought my samsung E360 in ny chinatown was told it's already region free but it won't play some region 2(japan) dvd.
    You were lied to.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!