Ok, here goes:

I have divx that I have converted to DVD. It plays OK in my PC's drive using any DVD playback software, but my xbox (which I use to play copies as my main player doesn't like them) has problems. I get a nice widescreen picture, good aspect ratio but....the DVD appears to play back at twice the normal rate (bought DVD's play fine) with no sound. Here's the process I used:

Used fit2disc to get the codec info, bit rate and aspect ratio figures. This also generated the aviscript (cos I'm lazy about math )
Loaded this into CCE and tweaked some settings - frame rate still at PAL 25fps as it was a PAL divx. Converted it to m2v using CCE. Ripped the sound and converted it using virtualdub/ac3machine. Then I used DVDLab to bring the whole lot back together.

I checked the files play OK using my DVD software, and then burn them to DVD using RecordNow DX.

So....Anyone out there know where I have gone wrong? (tried it with two different divx movies - one PAL and one NTSC (using pulldown) both give the same reults.