VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i had a friend send me a vid and he asked me how i would add a watermark or logo to the video throughtout it's playback...here's a screen capture below....what app can i use to accomplish this?

Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What format is the video in? You could use VirtualDub or VD Mod and add a logo. Here's one filter for that: http://neuron2.net/logo/logo.html I believe there are others.

The downside is the output would be some form of AVI. But you could frameserve the output directly to a MPEG encoder if you want to have MPEG for a final file.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    the vid now is just in mpeg2(vobs)...he sent me this to get an idea of what it would take to get it done.All throughout it also has captions and all sorts of what look like "subtitle" type features but they dont show up in the vob stream...so i'm assuming they are hard coded in...one has what looks like "cross-hairs" from like a rifle scope...i took a guess and assumed the same process for that would also apply for these logo/watermark features...what i wasnt sure about was if a user friendly app from ulead or sonic or something else could do it...authoring i have no problems with but editing...it's a whole other animal
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could expirement with VirtualDub Mod. It accepts MPEG files. It will also open VOBs directly. One of those logo filters may do what you want. Other filters for VD and VDM: http://www.thedeemon.com/VirtualDubFilters/ or http://neuron2.net/

There are also links to lots of guides for VD or VDM. https://www.videohelp.com/tools/VirtualdubMOD Look to the bottom of the page. It's all freeware, so little to lose except time.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If the format is DV, you can use our Enosoft DV Processor to do this live during capture (or on an existing file).

The current public version supports one logo but a new version supports four independent logos.

This multiple logo version will be in production use in Wisconsin to add information such as team logos, scores etc to live streams of high school athletics events statewide.

If your friend's need is purely personal, the software is for free (based on the example frame, it would suggest not but I don't know if it is simply an example of something you want to emulate).

If you are interested in the multiple logo version, try the currently available version with a single logo and, if it looks useful, contact me for a multiple logo version.

I'll create a sample frame later today and post it here.

John.
    John Miller
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the responses guys....very much appreciated....he won't be doing any of these things i'm sure but he'll wrangle me into doing it. So i thought if i'm the one gonna be doin' it...might as well do it right.

here's a screen of the same 2 logos fading away and the text coming into focus

here's the cross hair one

here's a regular text one

i'm pretty sure the cams used are DV Tape...here's a screen of what was used for this vid i was given

i'm gonna try both apps and see what i can do...i think he wants to film his own stuff and see if its possible to do these things...i'm not real sure if he's gonna do anything for more than that...i guess i would call it hobby for now...

an sample frame would be helpful JohnnyMalaria...thanks

moontrash
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanx jim...im lookin at it now
    Quote Quote