VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello
    I've downloaded and tried out a handfull of DVD rippers.
    NOTE - I'm ripping to hard drive and am not speaking of burning to another disc.
    I'm looking for one product that does ALL of the following.

================================================== ==========
    1. Need to rip individual episodes (as in a TV show season) - not just entire disc
    2. Need to be able to choose which audio track(s) to include (remove commentary or other language tracks)
    3. Need the software to retain settings (save settings permanently or at least between ripping sessions)
    4. Needs to rip fast
    5. Needs to convert to desired format on the fly - IF desired
    6. Needs to allow me to choose files from both of my drives to build rip list **

** To save time - when selecting episodes to rip, why not be able to choose from both of my disc drives.
    Then I can leave the room and do whatever and when I come back 2 discs will be done instead of 1.
    ================================================== ==========

Note that none of my desired features above are made up by me.
    Of the software that I've tried - each one has had a few of these features, but none of them have had all.

Now I realize that's the story with off the shelf software, but am just asking if you know of anything close to my desired features.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Two posts and you've broken the Forum Rules already.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    what's up?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dgrafx View Post
    what's up?
    You cross posted the same thing in multiple forums. That broke our rules.

1) DVD Decrypter can do this in IFO mode. DVDFab may be able to do this - not sure. Do note that DVD Decrypter cannot be updated for legal reasons (it is a very long story) so it cannot rip some US DVDs, including recents ones by Sony and Disney, that use a copy protection method it does not understand.
    2) DVD Decrypter can do this in IFO mode. Maybe DVDFab can do that.
    3) I really do not know what you mean by this. If you mean something like "On disc 1 I wanted to keep only the English language track and get rid of the others" and you want that "remembered" for all future discs, I don't know of anything that can do that.
    4) This is mostly a feature of your drives rather than the software itself. What's your hurry anyway? It takes as long as it takes.
    5) DVDFab but I have no idea what formats it can do this for or how long it will take or how good it will do it.
    6) I think you are trying to say you want to rip from 2 different DVD drives at the same time. I would think you can just start 2 different copies of whatever ripping program you have to do that. but depending on the type of DVD devices you have and how they are connected to your motherboard, this really may not save you any time. But then again depending on your hardware and motherboard it could save you time.

I have absolutely no idea what "Note that none of my desired features above are made up by me." means and I speak English as my native language.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    cross posting : posted in wrong forum and couldn't figure out how to move it to correct one ...

response to your questions:

3) not really settings like that cause each dvd might have different languages - but what i meant was compression - i would select no compression and would need to select that every time - also output size - didn't want to set that each time - for ex.

4) I'm referring to in relation to each other (the different programs i tried). some are twice as fast as others. it's not just a function of the discs even though the discs are a factor.

6) one of the programs i tried had the ability to select whichever tracks from my 2 disc drives and rip them in one session - ya know - just the same as one would do from one drive.
    and what i mean by saving time is if i set it up and go take a shower then when i come back i may be done with 2 discs instead of 1 - cause there is nobody there to start the 2nd disc - see what i mean

>>Note that none of my desired features above are made up by me<<
    Just what it says - Of the software that I've tried - each one has had a few of these features, but none of them have had all - do you understand?
    What I'm hoping to find is one that has all - that was the advice I was asking for ...

Thanks for the post
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVDFab - paid version.

Will do most if not all.

Go to their website
    ;/ l ,[____], Its a Jeep thing,
    l---L---o||||||o- you wouldn't understand.
    (.)_) (.)_)-----)_) "Only In A Jeep"
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    3) Compression has NOTHING to do with ripping, so your concern is pointless.
    6) Never heard of this.

Then why didn't you just say "Of the software that I've tried - each one has had a few of these features, but none of them have had all" instead of that impossible to understand nonsense? It's not MY fault that YOU can't express yourself properly.

I agree with classfour that the paid DVDFab comes closest to what you need.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    jman

3. some DVD ripping software includes compression - that's how it got in my examples.
    You are referring to the ripping action itself - I'm referring to ripping software.
    BUT that was not my entire point on that one - it was an example - the other example was "movie size".
    And again - settings are an issue to me - I simply wanted something where one could save the basic settings.
    Remember - this is my wish list ...

6. imagine that

Didn't you read my original post where I said exactly this:
    "Note that none of my desired features above are made up by me
    Of the software that I've tried - each one has had a few of these features, but none of them have had all"
    Didn't you read that?
    I guess not.
    You do realize that I had already figured out that you didn't read it - so I posted it for you again - without being rude.
    I could have said something like "can't ya read ya [fill in whatever word here]" but of course I wouldn't say something like that!
    And look at your response when you thought I didn't explain what I meant.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    jman
    .....is 110% correct.
    I read your original post too. I felt it was simply too ridiculous to respond to....at least Jman tried.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    classfour
    thanks a lot - DVDFab appears to fulfill my wish list
    have a good one ...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    classfour
    thanks a lot - DVDFab appears to fulfill my wish list
    have a good one ...
    Actually Jman recommended it first...and several times.
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    1) DVD Decrypter can do this in IFO mode. DVDFab may be able to do this - not sure. Do note that DVD Decrypter cannot be updated for legal reasons (it is a very long story) so it cannot rip some US DVDs, including recents ones by Sony and Disney, that use a copy protection method it does not understand.
    2) DVD Decrypter can do this in IFO mode. Maybe DVDFab can do that.
    3) I really do not know what you mean by this. If you mean something like "On disc 1 I wanted to keep only the English language track and get rid of the others" and you want that "remembered" for all future discs, I don't know of anything that can do that.
    4) This is mostly a feature of your drives rather than the software itself. What's your hurry anyway? It takes as long as it takes.
    5) DVDFab but I have no idea what formats it can do this for or how long it will take or how good it will do it.
    6) I think you are trying to say you want to rip from 2 different DVD drives at the same time. I would think you can just start 2 different copies of whatever ripping program you have to do that. but depending on the type of DVD devices you have and how they are connected to your motherboard, this really may not save you any time. But then again depending on your hardware and motherboard it could save you time.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why do the most ignorant ones have the most attitude?
    Quote Quote  
  13. I've no idea if DVDFab will rip more than one disc at a time, but it's certainly possible to do. As long as the hard drive(s) can keep up, you can rip multiple discs simultaneously. Using RipIt4Me I've ripped 4 DVDs at a time (4 DVD drives in this PC) on numerous occasions.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Try Moviebox for DVD ripping. To be honest, I have no clue if it does all of the things you were asking in your message because I haven't tried them all but my experience with it says it's a pretty decent piece of soft. You can check out some of its functions on that webpage I shared..I know for sure that it is able to convert video files and it can also retain settings. As for ripping individual episodes.. I only tried ripping whole movies but I reckon it should be able to do that as well. Plus, you get some extra features like recording from online sources and transferring to different external devices, cloud storages etc.
    Quote Quote